mtbr member

New question here. ZTR Alpine or Crest 26" rear rim?

I need help choosing between these two rims for a rear wheel build on a bike I am building. The bike is an 08 BMC Trailfox 01 that I hope to equip with a X-Fusion Velvet and 650b front setup at 130mm. I don't think I can run a tweener wheel out back, so I am now looking for the best setup for trail riding and some racing on this bike....looking to keep it light but still fairly durable and tubeless in the rear. Any suggestions appreciated!
    08 BMC Trailfox 02
    07 Rocky Mtn Solo 10
    00 GT Pro Performer

Rebuild it with RWC!

dwt
    mtbr member
    Crest is more durable for trail riding than Alpine and will fit a wider tire. You might also check the Arch. Alpine is pretty much geared for racing. See notubes site

P.S. Thread hijack: Does running 650b up front and 26" rear on a frame built for 26" screw up your geometry? I've been thinking about doing the same thing.
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

mtbr member
    I have the crest rim and have no problems with them for almost a year now. Running tubes only though on the 240 ss'er centerlock hubs. Had no tubes build them up and all is well.
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

mtbr member
    I am also trying to decide on a rim and have done a fair bit of reading... All Stan's rims appear to perform well within their intended use and parameters. Seems that it all depends on three things. Your weight, riding style and quality of wheel build.