mtbr member

WTB Weirwolf TCS on UST Rim?

Has anyone mounted up a Weirwolf TCS on a UST rim? I just bought a Weirwolf 2.3 AM TCS, and was going to mount it to my XTR UST front rim. I was thinking about mounting it before my ride tonight, but not if it's going to be a PITA or take a long time.
    "Got everything you need?"

Former Bike Wrench
    Haven't tried it, but the TCS beads are made to UST standards so it should mount up without any headaches.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I mounted one to a Bontrager Mustang TLR with the TLR rim strip (effectively UST) with no issues.

mtbr member
    Just did it and it mounted up quite nicely. I put a scoop of Stan's in, but didn't need it to seal the bead. Now I'm heading out for a ride, we'll see how it holds up!

mtbr member
    Super awesome, that's how it held up!!! Even with 35psi in the front,it handled perfectly and with plenty of compliance. The MotoRaptor (non tubeless), bounced all over the place at 30psi and higher. My only complaint is that the tread really does pack up with mud, so it's maybe not the best mud tire. Even so, it never seemed to turn into a slick. Two thumbs up on this one!

Dropshot Champ!
    yeah it packs up. might wanna try the bronson.

What do you weigh? I can run the 2.3 tcs weir down to about 17psi and im about 200lbs geared up. 20-25 is the sweet spot though.