Too busy looking good

WTB Vulpine 29er discontinued?

WTB no longer lists this tire on their website. They don't mention changes to their tire line up anywhere on their website, and I can find no info online. Is anyone aware of what's up here?

If the Vulpine is indeed dead, I'll be very disappointed, it was an ideal rear tire for mixed riding (commuting, dirt roads, light trail). I don't see any other 29er semi-slicks out there as fast rolling as the Vulpine, does anyone have any recommendations?

mtbr member
    Interesting. I was considering a pair of these... you just helped to sell two more. lol

mtbr member
    Wow, news to me. I just remounted mine and the roll oh so nice. To bad there's no cornering traction in the loose stuff. I miss my Tioga Semi Slicks....

Did I catch a niner?
    I have a set in solid condition I never used them since they did not fit my Fisty frame. If interested just send me a PM.
    Mr. Krabs: Is it true, Squidward? Is it hilarious?
    https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/ref/...A0CC/s/tx/cx/1

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by HOser View Post
    WTB no longer lists this tire on their website. They don't mention changes to their tire line up anywhere on their website, and I can find no info online. Is anyone aware of what's up here?

If the Vulpine is indeed dead, I'll be very disappointed, it was an ideal rear tire for mixed riding (commuting, dirt roads, light trail). I don't see any other 29er semi-slicks out there as fast rolling as the Vulpine, does anyone have any recommendations?
    WTB has changed their tire lineup immensely. Look at their online store. Search the net. You can get some goodeals on em and sock em away! I have had to do this with several of their tires.

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by BansheeRune View Post
    WTB has changed their tire lineup immensely. Look at their online store. Search the net. You can get some goodeals on em and sock em away! I have had to do this with several of their tires.

Yeah, as one of the first addopters/supporters of 29ers, they reduced the number of 29er tires this year by quite a bit.

Kind of a bummer.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    WTB has made some very disappointing decisions. The discontinuation of the Timberwolf race, Exiwolf as well as the rest of the 2.5 race series tires has prompted me to move toward other brands. I have no desire to ever own 2 ply tires. It would defeat the purpose of my bike going to Jenny Craig!
    It's nice to be a beanpole!

aka DummyDiva
    Very weird as I just bought the new Vulpine TCS (tubeless), and I like them!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    no!!!
    my favorite mixed terrain tire!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I am dying to get more Vulpine tires. Any good deals? I cannot find anything reasonable. )-:
    “You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.”