mtbr member
    Aug 2008

WTB Slickasaurus 1.5"

Hey all

Just picked up a set of these at the weekend and have been running them for a couple of days. Really impressed with the difference between these and my Semi-Slick Crossroads in terms of rolling performance and weight etc.

Now I have an odd question, which I have tried to find, but its really experience thats needed for this one.

The Tyres are rated at 65-80psi, now I have heard that it is possible to run slicks at higher pressures than they are rated for.

From experience, what are people running these tyres at? What gives the best rolling performance for them, and obviously remains safe!

Would 85? 90? 95? 100? be well outside of the limits?

Any help is most appreciated

Andy

Cheezy Rider
    I wouldn't ignore the rating. I once pumped up a road tire to what I figured was a safe 80 psi or so. Was only rated for 65(doh!) and it blew out the sidewall in under an hour.

mtbr member
    if you're a heavier guy or bike is loaded, go with psi towards the higher end. those ratings are there for a reason, it's not wise to exceed them by much. they would ride super harsh anyway.
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Hi, Thanks for the replys, it seems as though its not a good idea then Really appreciate it, I haven't ever tried it personally.

I am running the tyres at 80psi mainly due to the bike only being used on the road, thus (I would assume minimising rolling resistance) I thought that slightly higher, i.e. 90psi would reduce this further, but if its unsafe then its not for me.

I'm only about 70kgs so not heavy by any means, bikes never loaded, quite the opposite, bit of a weight weenie me!

Thanks again (If anyone else wants to share experience that would be cool!)

Andy