CSC
    mtbr member
    May 2011

WTB Mutano Raptor 2.2: will not stick to the road?

I am wondering if anyone else has found the Mutanos a little squirmy? I bought a pair a month ago, rode 20-30 miles on them (wet/dry, road/trail), and they still slide around. Granted they are dry conditions tires, but I would think that they would stick to wet roads.

I have been riding cross country trails since 2005, and bought these to replace WTB Prowler SS's, which stuck to everything. I could corner so well, and the Mutanos just don't inspire the same confidence. I don't think it is my riding style.

They even slide on dry concrete...

Any ideas?

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by CSC View Post
    I am wondering if anyone else has found the Mutanos a little squirmy? I bought a pair a month ago, rode 20-30 miles on them (wet/dry, road/trail), and they still slide around. Granted they are dry conditions tires, but I would think that they would stick to wet roads.

I have been riding cross country trails since 2005, and bought these to replace WTB Prowler SS's, which stuck to everything. I could corner so well, and the Mutanos just don't inspire the same confidence. I don't think it is my riding style.

They even slide on dry concrete...

Any ideas?
    Small knobs with big gaps = squirmy on pavement, especially wet pavement. Higher pressures make it worse.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

CSC
    mtbr member
    May 2011
    Alright, thanks for the info.