mtbr member
    Oct 2006

WTB Motoraptor 2.24

Tried out the the steel bead motoraptor "comp" size 2.24. Been looking for the ultimate all-around mountain bike tire, the one you can mount on any style of bike, any time, etc, and I think I've found it. Very impressed by cornering ability in dry, medium and the mucky stuff. Did very well in mud, sheds incredibly well. So far, it's been very durable, even after some concrete sessions. Maybe not perfect rolling resistance, but very good, especially for a tire that can track this well in mud.

Oh, and they only cost $17/each. That really sealed the deal.

Nevegal DTC is pretty damn good too for all-conditions riding.

Expert Crasher
    I have a set of Motos in 2.14 size with wire bead, came OEM on my bike. Didn't leave them on the machine too long, ditched in favor of ExiWolfs - one of my favorites.

My Motos will go on my SS this fall when conditions worsen though.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I've been looking at Moto's for my next tire set. I have Nevegals (2.3 front/2.1 rear) on there now and they are pretty decent all arounders. The rear doesn't grip as well as I would like it to though and it is wearing very quickly. I was thinking a 2.4 moto up front mated to a 2.24 on the rear. I might leave the Nevegal up front if it holds up, since it corners pretty well and provides decent "cush."