mtbr member
    Nov 2008

WTB Momentum Hubs??

Hey does anyone have any info on this hub? Really nice looking, bearings feel really smooth, I recently picked it up at my LBS for a really good price but haven't been able to find much info. Most momentum hubs I've found have grease ports and have low flanges and are non-disc, this particular hub has large flanges (60mm) with a disc mount. I'm pretty sure the bearings are sealed and they spin smooth, should I lace this up? Has anyone ridden these? Are they garbage? I purchased it for $14 brand new with the original price sticker of $79.99 still attached. Let me know, thanks guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WTB Momentum Hubs??-wtb-hub-003.jpg  

WTB Momentum Hubs??-wtb-hub-004.jpg  

WTB Momentum Hubs??-wtb-hub-005.jpg  

I Have Cookies
    They look good to me. But like you I have 0 experience with that exact model hub. I know the older GG (Grease Guard) ones were great. I'd run it.... $14 WTH?
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say. Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

Former Bike Wrench
    WTB used the "Momentum" name on some Formula made hubs for a while, looks like this is one. Nothing special but a front hub is simply an axle, bearings, and a shell...so it is $14 well spent.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Thanks

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. They're sealed bearing so what could go wrong? I really like the large flanges without the cut outs...really classic looking almost like a phil hub. It weighs in at 240g so it's a bit lighter than an XT front hub. As long as the bearings last a couple years I think I'll be happy, I live in so cal so wet weather riding isn't an issue hopefully that will allow some longevity. Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2008

Thanks Guys

Perfect, I've had a WTB wheelset in the past and had no issues. They were a bit heavy but the hubs were smooth and seemed to roll forever. I'll go ahead and lace it up and see how she performs. Any idea of what year these were produced? Early 2000's? Thanks again for all the info guys.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    nice find! that hub looks nice! as a front hub there is nothing to worry about there.

usually cranky
    id use it. if you have a qr fork for $14 why not?