mtbr member

Upset WTB Laser Disc Lite wheel trouble

So, after 500 miles and about 75 in the wet, my rear wheel seized. 1 frozen bearing, 1 crunchy bearing and 2 on their way out. Water inside the hub body as well.
    The # on the bearings seems to be 15267-2RS. I cross referenced this to the WTB website and it seems that it represents 15mm x 26mm x 7mm. Is it just that simple to buy this spec from Boca Bearings? Honestly, are these things worth replacing? I'm so pissed because I lamented about the purchase for my SS and decided (due to price) to try these - what crap! Meanwhile, my Kings have 3,000 miles and 100's in the wet - no issues!
    I figure that a good set of bearings will make them rideable in dry conditions at least.
    Now - if this is all right, Enduro Max can be had from Bikeparts.com for $16 and Boca Bearing has Stainless bearings with super seals for $29. Boca's ceramic bearings are $30/ea.
    Suggestions?
    Last edited by Jesterrider; 04-05-2006 at 02:28 PM.

mtbr member
    I would measure the bearings to make sure. If I remember correctly the measurements are inside diameter, outside diameter and width.

The stock WTB bearings are not great, especially in wet conditions. Replace the bearings and you should be good to go. I know on my 2003 WTB laser disc lites the bearings were a hard to find size. I think they changed the design slightly since though.

I would not spend the $$ for the ceramic bearings (not on the WTB's). Go with Enduro Max. They are well made and reasonably priced. You can always buy two sets.

mtbr member
    I'm in the hunt for Enduro Max's as we speak. It seems QBP does not carry that size, but a few online retailers do.

mtbr member
    I ordered the bearings from Go-ride.com. The have a link to the BTI catalogue on their website and I was able to find the size I needed from BTI and have Go-ride order them. (took some looking though)

I don't think I ended up with Enduro Max, but I was able to find a set that fit. I believe they were actually made by Cane Creek but I'm not sure they were listed under Cane Creek.

(I spoke with WTB on another issue and they were actually surprised I found a set...guess they are hard to come by)

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

I have those hubs, too...

you do have the correct bearing number but the bearings can be difficult to find. Try the OddsnEndos website. I bought my wheels there and got replacement bearings from them. Replacement is very simple. You can use a punch or screwdriver to knock the bearing out, then use the worn-out bearing as a drift to install the new bearing. If I can do it, anybody can. Good luck.

mtbr member
    Cool - thanks for the advice on installation - good trick!
    I found some replacements at thebikebench.com. They were the suggested online retailer on the Enduro Max Bearing website. They had the bearings in stock for $10/ea and I expect them next week sometime.

Randall "Tex" Cobb
    Apr 2005
    I second oddsandendos.com they are very helpful especially in regards to the LaserDisc Lite hubs. These hubs are not recommended at all for wet riding. They just don't have adequate seals. One of my wheelsets uses LaserDisc Lite hubs but they're strictly for dry conditions. Yes the Kings are more durable under wet conditions but not everyone can afford the King bling factor, sometimes you just have to compromise.

Good luck

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Sorry about your hubs. I was warned about those hubs by two different builders.

My oddsandendos wheels just came in. IM starting a new post.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesterrider
    Cool - thanks for the advice on installation - good trick!
    I found some replacements at thebikebench.com. They were the suggested online retailer on the Enduro Max Bearing website. They had the bearings in stock for $10/ea and I expect them next week sometime.
    I know this is an old thread. But I'm in desperate need for a replacement set of bearings for my rear Laser Lite. Does anyone know the part number of these enduro max bearings?