mtbr member
    Dec 2011

WTB i23 & Geax nonTNT tubeless????

Hi Everyone,
    First, I'm not a native English so just don't mind mistakes if any.
    My current setup was Arch EX 29 with Saguaros nonTNT front and rear, tubeless setup with Stan's milk. Changed frame for X142 rear axle, thus have to change wheels (hubs don't fit frame).
    I've already bought a new pair of DT 350 hubs, D-Lights, and one and only best-4-buck rims WTB i23. And there comes a puzzle...
    Runnig nonTNT Saguaros on Archees was a pure honey. Easy mounting, dismounting, kept tight allright, almost didn't have to touch the pump. Weight was also reasonable - non TNT.
    Preferably would like to stay with Geax but I consider going Saguaro rear and Gato front. Would like to stay as low weight as possible by staying tubeless and nonTNT
    QUESTION: Did anybody try combo i23 and nonTNT Geax set milky tubeless? Is this combo relible, I mean airtight, or should I go for TNT havier versions fo i23 Rims.
    Need to mention that potential benefit of thicker walls of TNT is not an issue for me, cause where I ride no sharp edges on rocks or razoredged rocks are found.
    Also been thinking of Ardents F&R Exo 2,4 but those would definietly give weight and rolliing resistance penalty. I am also not too confident about lack of transition knobs on those.
    Thanks in advance for any prompts here
    BRGDS
    Martin

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator

WTB i23 & Geax nonTNT tubeless????

Quote Originally Posted by chunk doris View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    First, I'm not a native English so just don't mind mistakes if any.
    My current setup was Arch EX 29 with Saguaros nonTNT front and rear, tubeless setup with Stan's milk. Changed frame for X142 rear axle, thus have to change wheels (hubs don't fit frame).
    I've already bought a new pair of DT 350 hubs, D-Lights, and one and only best-4-buck rims WTB i23. And there comes a puzzle...
    Runnig nonTNT Saguaros on Archees was a pure honey. Easy mounting, dismounting, kept tight allright, almost didn't have to touch the pump. Weight was also reasonable - non TNT.
    Preferably would like to stay with Geax but I consider going Saguaro rear and Gato front. Would like to stay as low weight as possible by staying tubeless and nonTNT
    QUESTION: Did anybody try combo i23 and nonTNT Geax set milky tubeless? Is this combo relible, I mean airtight, or should I go for TNT havier versions fo i23 Rims.
    Need to mention that potential benefit of thicker walls of TNT is not an issue for me, cause where I ride no sharp edges on rocks or razoredged rocks are found.
    Also been thinking of Ardents F&R Exo 2,4 but those would definietly give weight and rolliing resistance penalty. I am also not too confident about lack of transition knobs on those.
    Thanks in advance for any prompts here
    BRGDS
    Martin
    Use the TnT (or any other UST compatible tubeless ready) versions. Will mount and seal easily and be secure on the i23 rims.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common