mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Wtb Exiwolf race tire

Can anyone tell me how the Wtb race tires hold up for everyday trail riding? I have a chance to buy a set cheap, but am worried about the light weight casing. I wouldn't be racing them just riding the trails.

cowbell
    Everyday riding where? I have a 2.3 Exiwolf (which I think they've quit making) on the front of my SS and it's held up pretty well. The only time it let me down was on some sharp rocks, where got cut all the way through. It's not a real rocky area tire, but works well in mix, hard pack, roots, etc. - and it wears well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I run Exiwolf 2.3 Race tires front/rear on my SS 29er, been holding up fine. No flats, cuts, etc. Exiwolfs are a fairly low tread tire, you might look at Wolverines if you want a more aggressive/durable tire. WTB has stopped offering the Exiwolf 2.3s, might be why we're seeing close out deals on them. Never tried the 2.1s, prefer larger volume tires.

mtbr member
    I liked the Exiwolf's performance on my local Northern California trails, but wasn't so pleased with how fast they wore. The tread knobs are rather thin and tear off really easily. I got barely a month out of a rear, and not much longer for the front tire.
    Loud hubs save lives. http://about.me/splat/

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by splatworldwide View Post
    I liked the Exiwolf's performance on my local Northern California trails, but wasn't so pleased with how fast they wore. The tread knobs are rather thin and tear off really easily. I got barely a month out of a rear, and not much longer for the front tire.
    gah! that's not what i want to hear! i just got one that i plan on using up front. oh well, at least the price was right...

mtbr member
    Exiwolves hate skidding, I like them front and rear and "rotate" them.