Why can't I put a Chris King Hubs on my Mavic Dee Max wheelset?
The guy at my LBS said that it was impossible! I have a '05 Santa Cruz Bullit with a rear hub size of 135mm. The Dee Max rims (on my bike) have 28 spokes. Let's say I bought the 150mm 32 spoke rims, could I replace the existing hubs with Chris King hubs- 135mm?
I am baffled?!?!?!
1. The DeeMax is a complete wheelset that includes the hubs. Replace the hubs with something else and it is no longer a DeeMax!
Originally Posted by Bobby Peru
2. You can not mix 32 hole and 28 hole rims and hubs.
3. The DeeMax rim may use a nipple cup/connector specific to the spokes which are not compatible with standard hubs.
4. Relacing used rims is not a good idea in most cases. Hard to true and tension properly making for a weaker wheel.
5. The EX823 rim is basically the same rim as the DeeMax rim. Lace a set of them to the King hubs and be done with it.
The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common
By snakemau in forum Wheels and Tires
Last Post: 02-14-2007, 01:14 AM
By mr2monster in forum Wheels and Tires
Last Post: 06-01-2006, 12:13 PM
By MOJO67 in forum Where are the Best Deals?
Last Post: 02-09-2006, 11:22 PM
By DvD in forum Where are the Best Deals?
Last Post: 02-07-2006, 03:17 PM