DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005

When will the new Schwalbe RoRo's ever be in stock?

It seems like forever since I've been checking every other day or so, but I'm wondering if anyone has some info on when Schwalbe will be shipping out more stock of the their 2013 Rocket Rons in 26x2.35 EVO TL PaceStar SnakeSkin. Also if anyone at Schwalbe is listening, it would be nice if they could find a way to make the model names a bit longer. I don't quite feel like a big enough doofus when I'm trying to ask about a specific model

Thanks
    "Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion."-Jack Kerouac

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Is this it?
    Schwalbe Rocket Ron Evo PaceStar SnakeSkin TL-Ready 2,35" Faltreifen
    tread looks like 2013 but I don't know the correct tread HS number.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    That must be it.

My thought exactly: I do not know where you are, but buy them from a German shop. Lots of legit online shops over there, with accurate availability data. The one fsrxc linked to is one of the bigger shops. Most of them have an English language option.

The price difference with the U.S. is that big that it should easily cover shipping costs. Don't know anything about how import tax works in that direction, though.

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    No taxes for us. I had avoided importing because I figured that the day I receive them would be the day they finally show up in stock over here... Anyway, went ahead and bit the bullet. By ordering two, the price was better than what I can get here, and I do really love the handling of the Rocket Ron's (2012), so I'm really looking forward to trying these out.

thanks, rep for you two!

Quote Originally Posted by JeroenK View Post
    That must be it.

My thought exactly: I do not know where you are, but buy them from a German shop. Lots of legit online shops over there, with accurate availability data. The one fsrxc linked to is one of the bigger shops. Most of them have an English language option.

The price difference with the U.S. is that big that it should easily cover shipping costs. Don't know anything about how import tax works in that direction, though.
    "Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion."-Jack Kerouac

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Man, it sure does take a while to get these. My tracking shows they shipped right away on 4/18, arrived in the US on 4/20, and then nothing. You'd think that with the use of computers and such they'd be able to maintain tracking once it hit our shores. Do these things just sit in customs for a while or something? Or does DHL just suck?

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    DHL from Germany is very slow. Can take up to a month for some of my shipments.

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gvs_nz View Post
    Oh geez, I hope not.

DLd
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Re: When will the new Schwalbe RoRo's ever be in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by gvs_nz View Post
    Apparently whining on the internet works wonders for international shipping. They were at my house when I got home the same day I posted that.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2