Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What spoke lacing pattern is this called?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Friction-free 
#1 ·

I would like to try this but not sure if it's a special hub or rim to accomodate this pattern. Would this be as strong as a 3 cross pattern? Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
Friction-free said:
I would like to try this but not sure if it's a special hub or rim to accomodate this pattern. Would this be as strong as a 3 cross pattern? Thanks.
That pic does not show all of the spokes. The specs for the bike state they are paired spoke wheels, 20 spoke front, 24 rear. Paired spoke wheels use specially drilled rims and hubs. Not usually something a home wheel builder would do.

#3 ·
shiggy©®™ said:
That pic does not show all of the spokes. The specs for the bike state they are paired spoke wheels, 20 spoke front, 24 rear. Paired spoke wheels use specially drilled rims and hubs. Not usually something a home wheel builder would do.
Are there paired spoke patterns that don't require special rims and hubs? Any sites that show examples of different spoke patterns? I forget which site, but the 3 trailing pattern looks interesting for front wheels. Sounds easy to do as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.