mtbr member
    Jul 2012

What Kind of Spare Tire for GT Aggressor 1.0?

I bought myself a GT Aggressor a few days ago. I read all around the forums that I should carry a spare tire, but I don't know what kind to buy? Most probably I'll be buying it online, because the place I currently reside in is a small one.

According to the specifications I found online, currently the GT Aggressor 1.0 2012 has:

GT All Terrain, 2.1"/1.9" (F/R), Wire

Is it tubeless? Does it have inner tire? How do I check that??

And in case it's tubeless, can I carry an inner spare tire and use it?

Please suggest what kind of a spare should I get?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    The tires aren't tubless, so just a tube and a spare. I personally like 2.35/2.1, depends what kind of riding your doing.

Former Bike Wrench
    Most people don't carry a spare tire...but a spare tube, patch kit, and pump is good to carry.

stop by your local bike shop and they'll hook you up with the right size tube and the correct valve

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by DPSN272 View Post
    The tires aren't tubless, so just a tube and a spare. I personally like 2.35/2.1, depends what kind of riding your doing.
    Are you guys tracking my bike ride? Do you have any camera inside my bike?

It's been 6 days since I opened this thread, and an hour ago I just got a flat tire! How did you know when to reply? DAMN! This forum is getting spooky!

So I have ridden god knows on what terrain in the past few days, and today I was practicing wheelie in my yard. I've tried lifting my front wheel about 5 times and stopped. I noticed something on my front tire between the knobs and tried to pull it out, and it came out to be a thorn. The moment I pulled it out my tire started hissing. Still I was lucky enough that this happened in my yard.

Well what know? Should I just patch my tube or replace it? How about the tire? The hole looks small, but I feel I should do something about it. Should I patch it or replace it too? Or maybe do nothing about it?

mtbr member
    I just asked this question in a thread,lol

Im glad to see that these tires have tubes as I just bought a couple tubes in case I need the :P:P

No good in rock gardens..
    I have never carried a spare tyre. I carry a section of old tyre about 3" long to use as a "boot" if I gash a tyre. That will get me home. I carry a spare tube and a full patch kit.

Holes in tyres - holes up to about 1/4" can easily be fixed with a large patch and lots of rubber cement.

Tubes - patch, don't junk.

If you want to carry a spare, get a foldable tyre as you can stow it much easier, otherwise you'll look like Chewbacca, with a strange sort of rubber bandolier across your chest.
    My Cannondale Lefty keeps failing....

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I had to learn the hard way today. My bikes less than a week old and today I took it out on the trail for the first time while I was 4 miles away from the trailhead I popped my front tube had to walk it back plus 1 mile to my home. Now the tire is really worn down from the walk home. Oh well rookie mistake.