mtbr member
    Feb 2005

What do you think about this DT Swiss 240 XC wheelset?

DT Swiss 240 XC Wheelset, XR 4.1d rims, 28F/32R, Star Ratchet System, Weight: 1593 grams.

I don't know much more about it, but it's listed as new and going for under $500.
    If you're not falling, then you're not riding fast enough!
    Ibex Asta Pro SE & Giant XTC-2

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by baraant
    DT Swiss 240 XC Wheelset, XR 4.1d rims, 28F/32R, Star Ratchet System, Weight: 1593 grams.

I don't know much more about it, but it's listed as new and going for under $500.
    Jump on it--the hubs alone retail for more than that.

MC

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Yeah I know

That's why I'm asking, it almost seems a deal too good to be true. I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with these hubs, e.g., maintenance and how easy they are/or not to work on? Reliability and so forth. Right now I have a pair of Cane Creek Zonos SS, v-brake that's why I'm looking for a new wheelset, and the rear hub is so easy to work on, maintain and adjust that I worry about getting a hub that isn't as easy to maintain.

I should have asked earlier, but are the XR 4.1d rims UST compatible?
    If you're not falling, then you're not riding fast enough!
    Ibex Asta Pro SE & Giant XTC-2

Baller/Biker

Hubs

If it's any help I have the 340's (excellent engagement) and they are designed exactly the same except for weight diffrences..These hubs are light and fast rolling..little maintenace is required per a rider that inspired me to purchase a pair prior to my getting the 340s. He's had his for years and swears by them and does his own maintenance. also lighter than kings without the loud buzzing.

mtbr member
    28 hole front wheel seems a little questionable, but it depends on your weight and riding style. XR 4.1d rims ARE NOT UST compatible, but DT does offer a rim strip kit to convert the wheels to tubeless. Search this site for info on the kit.