Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What bead on Conti Racesport / compatible with Stans Crest?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tmc1171 
#1 ·
What bead is on the 26" Racesport version of Continental's X-King and Race King?

The catalog clearly states universal bead on Racesport (not tubeless ready bead - as is listed for the protection version) and the picture is also a standard bead.

What confuses me is the website shows the same text as the catalog but a tubeless ready bead picture for the Racesport technology (and the opposite for protection - picture is of a normal bead, text states tubeless ready). I have also read a bunch of posts and reviews that state Racesports are tubeless ready.

Can any one confirm that Racesports are standard beads?

Also, has anyone had good results (no blowoffs, etc) with 26" Racesports on Stans Crest or Alpine wheels? I was looking at new Schwalbe's but have read too many ugly stories here and on the Notubes forum of the Pacestar/tubeless ready tires blowing off the recent Stans wheels (Alpine and Crest).

Thanks!

#2 ·
I've run the X-kings race sports on my crests rims tubeless for more than half a year with no problems. I ride rocky terrain and one of the tires finally big the dust, but I've really liked them. Never had a blowoff. Tire was stubborn to setup but once it was done, no problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.