mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Weirwolf vs. Motoraptor vs. Nevegal vs. MKs

So I currently roll with 2.14 motoraptors and am looking to try something new. Most guys I ride with prefer Weirwolfs or Nevegals for the wet, muddy, slick trails here in Vermont. I'm also considering the Conti Mountain Kings. I'll keep them at 2.1 or 2.2 depending. Since I'm almost the slowest in my group I need a good balance of grip and low rolling resistance (I know, I know these contradict one another!)

Any thoughts on which way I should go?

MTB B'dos
    Not to sound "mean" but do a search Kaputsa (if I remember correctly) asked about these tyres not too long ago and there was an extensive thread on this forum about them - lots of good info there.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Honestly you should probably stick with Motoraptors then - roll and hook up well. I'm a big fan of the 2.4 version and they don't slow you down any even tho they're wide (except for maybe a small amount of acceleration because of more weight). Nevs grip better but drag way more. WWolfs squirm on hard pack. Haven't tried the MK's but Conti makes a good tire - about twice the price of a MR tho on average. In the real slop I would thro a Nev 2.35 up front and call her good.

Have FUN!

G MAN
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!