Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: salimoneus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,862

    weight on Kinetics DH 2.6 folding?

    i found the weight for the wire bead version, but not the aramid bead. anyone know?

  2. #2
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    47,857
    The 2.60 is only in wire bead. All of the folding bead versions (2.2/2.35) use the XC casing, not the DH casing.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: salimoneus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,862
    check the bottom of this page:

    http://www.kendausa.com/bicycle/weeklyspecials.htm

    although they have them listed as DH/FR i think they are probably just single ply not the DH casings. regardless, an absolutely killer deal at only 5 bucks each

  4. #4
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    47,857
    Quote Originally Posted by salimoneus
    check the bottom of this page:

    http://www.kendausa.com/bicycle/weeklyspecials.htm

    although they have them listed as DH/FR i think they are probably just single ply not the DH casings. regardless, an absolutely killer deal at only 5 bucks each
    Not "normal" production product. I would not worry about the weight or construction if the tread is of interest at all. Note that the volume of the 2.60 is not "big" by current standards.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  5. #5
    RIP Friendgirl
    Reputation: Bordershy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    356

    On my trail bike now...

    885g--single ply sidewalls--stick-e's are wearing much better than i thought they would.

    I'm not a tire expert,but they are big. A true 2.5-2.6. Make sure you have room in your frame.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: salimoneus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,862
    sweet, thanks for the report, thats better than i expected. looking forward to running these tubeless...

  7. #7
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    47,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Bordershy
    885g--single ply sidewalls--stick-e's are wearing much better than i thought they would.

    I'm not a tire expert,but they are big. A true 2.5-2.6. Make sure you have room in your frame.
    There is no "true" anything in sizing.

    The wire bead Kinetic 2.60 I measured are basically the same size as the Blue Groove/Nevegal 2.35
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

  8. #8
    locked - time out
    Reputation: the_colorado_kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    There is no "true" anything in sizing.

    The wire bead Kinetic 2.60 I measured are basically the same size as the Blue Groove/Nevegal 2.35
    Shiggy is right. The 2.6 was prior to Kenda's "true-to-size" campaign. The Kinnys measure out to be more in the neighborhood of 2.4s when mtd on a Sun Singletrack rim...Weight for those of you concerned, hovers at about 780g (+/- 35g) on the pair that I weighed.

    It's tough to stump the "tire junkie".....

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: salimoneus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,862
    just got them today, and they are indeed big. noticeably bigger than other 2.2 and 2.3 tires i have seen. if the wire bead version is only as wide as the 2.35, then these are definitely bigger.

  10. #10
    Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Reputation: shiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 1998
    Posts
    47,857
    Quote Originally Posted by salimoneus
    just got them today, and they are indeed big. noticeably bigger than other 2.2 and 2.3 tires i have seen. if the wire bead version is only as wide as the 2.35, then these are definitely bigger.
    I said they are as wide as the BG/Neve 2.35, which are among the largest 2.35 tires on the market.

    The Kinetic 2.2/2.35 are closer in size the the BG/Neve 2.10.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •