Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by rugbyred View Post
    These wheels tick a lot of boxes for me. They look very promising and I am quite happy to support them.
    The one question I have is why are the P321 wheels almost $700 Cdn more than the Hope wheelset (at full price)? It seems a little high when the P321 hubs are only about $400 at the most more expensive than Hope.
    Stoked that we are ticking some boxes for you. The price gap between our products has everything to do with how we purchase our hubs. Hope is supplied in Canada at a great rate and we buy in Canadian dollars. P321 we do not buy as aggressively and we pay in USD, pay duties, and shipping. It all adds up.
    The P321 wheel price is very attractive if you compare it to others on the market as well.

I hope that helps explain the gap.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Totally makes sense from that explanation, just doesnít make sense for my pocket book. Iíll need to put the four kids on rations and scrimp a little to save up. Iíll also need to figure out a way to hide some of the purchase price but asking for forgiveness is always easier than asking for permission!
    I read somewhere (maybe this thread) that you offer a really good deal for your customers a hub swap program if they switch bikes and need boost hubs. Is that still true and is it for both brands of hubs?
    Eric

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I was going to wait until spring, But I just ordered a set because I couldnít say no their Black Friday deal

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by shoopow View Post
    I was going to wait until spring, But I just ordered a set because I couldnít say no their Black Friday deal
    ^^ This. Very much didn't plan to pull the trigger just yet but now I'm really looking forward to riding my christmas gift to myself

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by rugbyred View Post
    Totally makes sense from that explanation, just doesnít make sense for my pocket book. Iíll need to put the four kids on rations and scrimp a little to save up. Iíll also need to figure out a way to hide some of the purchase price but asking for forgiveness is always easier than asking for permission!
    I read somewhere (maybe this thread) that you offer a really good deal for your customers a hub swap program if they switch bikes and need boost hubs. Is that still true and is it for both brands of hubs?
    Eric
    Make sure to take care of your family first Eric. I would hate to have you starve your children in order to get yourself some carbon wheels.
    We currently do not offer any kind of hub shell swap if you change your hub spec's form one bike to the next. I think there are some hub companies looking to offer this to their customers. As we are customers of the hub manufacturers much like you are...we would love for them to come up with a solution for this SKU nightmare all of us are currently involved in as well. Who knows...maybe one day soon we will have that control....says the little birdy

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Thanks for clearing up the hub info. Iíd love to find where I read it.
    As for the family starving, the four of them are growing way to fast. Maybe is they ate a little less, they would slow down. My eldest has grown over and inch in the past 4 months.
    Looking forward to seeing what kind of hub you guys are going to produce.
    Eric

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreOne_Composites View Post
    I know the weight for some is a hard one to swallow. But The Agent is not your typical rim made for all mountain trail riding. It is designed to be the toughest Enduro rim on the market bar none. We have added our Outlier DH rim to the fold and are now in the midst of testing and perfecting our lighter weight rims that will be ready spring of 2018.

We want to make sure that all of our products hit the market without any possible hick-ups. They all have to be tested and ensure that we have achieved our level of quality. This takes time, and we needed to make choices on which one we should start with. The Agent line was our initial section to hit the market with to prove Carbon is a great choice for strength and that you can engineer in ride characteristics that make the wheel better than anything else on the market.

This next round of rims is testing very well, and we are shaving some serious grams to hit the lighter weights. If you laced The Agents with some lighter spokes, you can lose serious grams there and get them into the 1725g range as a wheel. Our target with the next rim is to have a 1575-1625g wheelset out of the box.
    I am excited to find out about the new lighter rims, lighter sounds better to me, the 1800g scares me away, as does the noise from a Hope or I9. I am interested in a more all mountain rim as opposed to a heavy Enduro rim. Also very interested in the Onxy hubs, I understand they are also working on a lighter version for their hubs as well. Hopefully everything will be available before spring.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by critterdesign View Post
    I am excited to find out about the new lighter rims, lighter sounds better to me, the 1800g scares me away, as does the noise from a Hope or I9. I am interested in a more all mountain rim as opposed to a heavy Enduro rim. Also very interested in the Onxy hubs, I understand they are also working on a lighter version for their hubs as well. Hopefully, everything will be available before spring.
    The Agent rim is our specific enduro rim that can be pushed to the extreme. With the right spoke package and hub set it can be light. We have laced them up 32 and 28 hole to DT240's and achieved low 1600g numbers.
    The new rim is right around the corner and is designed to be an AM/Trail rim. The weights will drop as will the internal width. Our expected target for the 27.5 is 390-400g and 29er 420-430g.

Currently, we have been testing our new 29er laced 32 hole and CXRay spokes at a wheelset weight of 1557g. The same set up on 27.5 is 1475g.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    The Agent rim is our specific enduro rim that can be pushed to the extreme. With the right spoke package and hub set it can be light. We have laced them up 32 and 28 hole to DT240's and achieved low 1600g numbers.
    The new rim is right around the corner and is designed to be an AM/Trail rim. The weights will drop as will the internal width. Our expected target for the 27.5 is 390-400g and 29er 420-430g.

Currently, we have been testing our new 29er laced 32 hole and CXRay spokes at a wheelset weight of 1557g. The same set up on 27.5 is 1475g.

Cheers
    I was looking to purchase a wheelset for a while and would be interested in some of those DT wheels... Or at a least CX-Ray spoke option and 28/32 hole option too... something like that popped up a few days ago with multiple unlisted colour options but was soon gone.

mtbr member

Cheers
    looking forward to the new Am/Trail rims, what is the Internal width going to be on these new rims?

The Fastest of Bananas
    Yall clearly state on the website "WHAT YOU SEE IS PERFECTION AND THE HIGHEST QUALITY RIM ON THE MARKET"

What makes your rim better than rims that are twice the price?

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBanana View Post
    Yall clearly state on the website "WHAT YOU SEE IS PERFECTION AND THE HIGHEST QUALITY RIM ON THE MARKET"

What makes your rim better than rims that are twice the price?
    For me the fact that they cost half as much!

The Fastest of Bananas
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterBaker View Post
    For me the fact that they cost half as much!
    It doesn't say "for the price"

It says the best.

I've owned Reynolds, Enve, Roval, and E13 carbon. Why are these better than those?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2017

It says the best.

I've owned Reynolds, Enve, Roval, and E13 carbon. Why are these better than those?

Thanks for your question.

Why we are claiming our rim is the best carbon rim on the market is for many reasons. Our process allows for the most accurately made rim, with the highest degree of finish quality. If you have seen our rim in person, being that you have owned all of the listed rims above, you will notice this as the immediate difference.
    Inside the layup, our process allows for perfectly placed layup schedules that do not rely on flowing materials into any part of our rim design. This process creates perfect replication and removes any doubt of inconsistencies from 1 rim to the next.
    All of our manufactured products are made in small batches and are only for us. We do not make rims for other companies or have our focus drift from 1 production run to another. All of our staff are dedicated to just manufacturing our products. This ensures high quality and consistency.
    Also, our fiber is of the highest quality and is only available to the North American market. We had to sign miles of paperwork that allowed us to use our prepreg, and part of it was to guarantee we did not sell it to Asia. We worked with our fiber supplier and their engineers to produce the best case raw good for our production.

We make such claims because we have seen, experienced, and tested what is currently on the market and if there was a head to head test with anyone's comparable rim and wheel system, we feel we would win that bet. This is why be back our wheels with a 5-year warranty and aim to support our customers as lifelong supporters of what we do and offer the market.

Cheers

Dustin

The Fastest of Bananas
    The DH rim is coming soon right?

I could use a set for my DH rig. Would be the perfect test bike for some new rims, as my other bikes are already decked out.

Chris Bling

It says the best.

This is a pretty loaded question and one that Dustin did a very good job at explaining. I'll add my $.02 about what I have seen and experienced in the industry as relating to carbon rims.

Most carbon rim manufacturing is done overseas, and for the most part, they do a pretty decent job. As long as companies are willing to put in the time, money and effort to make several QC trips to China and Taiwan every year, they will likely have a product that turns out well. On that point, its hard to keep your eyes on the product 100% of the time if you live in the US or Canada and have rims made halfway around the world, which leaves room for error and problems.

The one thing that sets the WR1 rims apart from the rest is them being able to have their eyes on the product 100% of the time from start to finish. Every single one of their rims is made in-house in Canada by actual Canadians! If there is a problem that is identified, it can be immediately identified and removed from the lot. There is no waiting for the container to ship from China or finding QC issues once you open up the shipping container.

The one thing that Dustin didn't mention was that him and the rest of the crew at WR1 absolutely rip! I would wager a guess that they are harder on wheels and faster than anyone you ride with or know. These guys built a product that can survive them. I know that if these rims can survive the WR1 crew, I know that they will survive for my customers.

The 5 year warranty doesn't hurt either
    The obsession of wheels fused with the passion of cycling
    Affordable Custom Wheels

The Fastest of Bananas
    Quote Originally Posted by dustyduke22 View Post
    This is a pretty loaded question and one that Dustin did a very good job at explaining. I'll add my $.02 about what I have seen and experienced in the industry as relating to carbon rims.

Most carbon rim manufacturing is done overseas, and for the most part, they do a pretty decent job. As long as companies are willing to put in the time, money and effort to make several QC trips to China and Taiwan every year, they will likely have a product that turns out well. On that point, its hard to keep your eyes on the product 100% of the time if you live in the US or Canada and have rims made halfway around the world, which leaves room for error and problems.

The one thing that sets the WR1 rims apart from the rest is them being able to have their eyes on the product 100% of the time from start to finish. Every single one of their rims is made in-house in Canada by actual Canadians! If there is a problem that is identified, it can be immediately identified and removed from the lot. There is no waiting for the container to ship from China or finding QC issues once you open up the shipping container.

The one thing that Dustin didn't mention was that him and the rest of the crew at WR1 absolutely rip! I would wager a guess that they are harder on wheels and faster than anyone you ride with or know. These guys built a product that can survive them. I know that if these rims can survive the WR1 crew, I know that they will survive for my customers.

The 5 year warranty doesn't hurt either

Well put. It is a bit of a loaded question, but, I feel when you claim to be the best, with no exceptions, you'd better be willing to back it up.

I appreciate that its made by rippers. I'm not the most gnarly guy I know (I know some fast M'Fers), but I have the worst reputation with wheels, at 200lb and run my suspension hard and high, I have a tendency to bust wheels.

Definitely need a set. My favorite wheel is the Enves (even though I broke one) because the finish is gorgeous, and the wheel is crazy stiff. I hope these are even better.

Any preference for nipples on these? Alloy, brass?

Chris Bling
    Well put. It is a bit of a loaded question, but, I feel when you claim to be the best, with no exceptions, you'd better be willing to back it up.

I appreciate that its made by rippers. I'm not the most gnarly guy I know (I know some fast M'Fers), but I have the worst reputation with wheels, at 200lb and run my suspension hard and high, I have a tendency to bust wheels.

Definitely need a set. My favorite wheel is the Enves (even though I broke one) because the finish is gorgeous, and the wheel is crazy stiff. I hope these are even better.

Any preference for nipples on these? Alloy, brass?
    I prefer either Lilly Precision alloy nips or the double square from Sapim. If you want flashy colors, the Lilly nips are King! Plus, they are 7075 alloy which makes them extremely strong and corrosion resistant

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
    Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I prefer either Lilly Precision alloy nips or the double square from Sapim. If you want flashy colors, the Lilly nips are King! Plus, they are 7075 alloy which makes them extremely strong and corrosion resistant

Where do you find Lilly nipples?

Chris Bling
    Quote Originally Posted by bogeydog View Post
    Where do you find Lilly nipples?

Call Jason Lilly directly. He mainly deals with wholesale accounts and wheel builders, but I am sure he would help you out.

Affordable Custom Wheels

The Fastest of Bananas
    Call Jason Lilly directly. He mainly deals with wholesale accounts and wheel builders, but I am sure he would help you out.

I've heard this from another builder also. Good tip on the contact info, I've seen photos, amazing colors.

Tend to prefer black nips lately sadly. Big fan of DTs squorx nipples. Great when your spokes are a tad long, and faster to tension up imo

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    I've heard this from another builder also. Good tip on the contact info, I've seen photos, amazing colors.

Tend to prefer black nips lately sadly. Big fan of DTs squorx nipples. Great when your spokes are a tad long, and faster to tension up imo

We find that the Sapim or DT Squorx to be a superior nipple for our builds as well. The additional conical head shape perfectly seats the nipple in and allows the articulation of the nipple a bit better than a standard nipple as well.

As for the DH rim....it is ready to roll. Shoot me an email if you are keen to get a set in advance of the product launch.

Sales@weareone.bike

Cheers

The Fastest of Bananas
    would love to, but it'll have to wait. working on buying a house this month $$$$$

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    would love to, but it'll have to wait. working on buying a house this month $$$$$
    EEEEK!!!! I hope it all works out for you! Let us know when the house warming party is!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I used DT Squarox nipples with Sapix blades on my A29s

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by InertiaMan View Post
    Is this professionalism? Or a bike industry code of silence?

The marketplace is full of direct comparisons between competitors. The bike industry, less so. Essentially, you are telling your potential customers that it is more important that you not create friction with your competitors than to be transparent and data-showing with your customers.

Is it really a dis-service to the bike world if you show your $425 rim surviving potentially destructive tests that are representative of aggressive riding, while showing a $1000 Envy rim fail the same? There is a case to made that it would benefit your business.

I like your design philosophy and hope you succeed, and I'm not suggesting you're lying about your data. But don't expect to get the same credibility with claims supported by hidden/secret data as you would with claims supported by public data.
    How many companies do that?
    Can you show me a comparison from the manufacturer of your frame to other frames? Or any other component on the bike?

Rider/Builder/Hacker
    Nov 2015
    Fresh from the Wheel Lab...

We Are One Agent 27.5" w/custom, color matched decals from Vidiom Graphics
    Onyx Boost hubs
    Wheelsmith DB14 spokes
    Sapim DS alloy nipples

mtbr member
    Mar 2017

Good job!

Dang!!! Cannot wait to see the build complete!!!

Please forward some photos when you have it all done. info@weareone.bike

Cheers and welcome to The Movement

Quote Originally Posted by carbine_275 View Post
    Fresh from the Wheel Lab...

We Are One Agent 27.5" w/custom, color matched decals from Vidiom Graphics
    Onyx Boost hubs
    Wheelsmith DB14 spokes
    Sapim DS alloy nipples

Rider/Builder/Hacker
    Nov 2015

Thanks!!!
    I'll make sure to send photos of the completed build.
    The frame is an Ibis HD3 in 'Green Machine', with Chromag cockpit components, DVO & MRP suspension, Hope Brakes, & SRAM drivetrain.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    WR1, any release date or for that matter, a lighter version of the 29er Agent?

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    We have been in pre-production of our new XC/AM rim and will be releasing it here shortly. It is a 27mm internal rim with a 33mm external width. They come in both 27.5 and 29 and the weights are 400g for the 27.5 and 420g for the 29.

We will have some new hub options that will be announced as well.

Cheers

Dustin

Quote Originally Posted by verrocchio100 View Post
    WR1, any release date or for that matter, a lighter version of the 29er Agent?

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I noticed on the WR1 website, the warranty was upgraded to a lifetime no questions presumably to match SCs warranty. Awesome!

I wonder if this retroactive to current owners.

Also, i9, Onyx, DT and King hub options have shown up for the Agent. Also,Insider and Outlier splash pages are now up.

Exciting times for WR1!

I wish I could ride my set, but the Southern Alberta winter allows only me to admire the finish until I can drive out to Vancouver in March.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Anything coming with internal width in the 33-35 mm range ?

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by shoopow View Post
    I noticed on the WR1 website, the warranty was upgraded to a lifetime no questions presumably to match SCs warranty. Awesome!

I wonder if this retroactive to current owners.

Also, i9, Onyx, DT and King hub options have shown up for the Agent. Also, Insider and Outlier splash pages are now up.

Exciting times for WR1!

I wish I could ride my set, but the Southern Alberta winter allows only me to admire the finish until I can drive out to Vancouver in March.
    Cheers for posting this. We've been working hard on the additions to our lineup. Through our testing, we were having some great gains and are confident we can offer the lifetime warranty. The new rims and wheels are live.

We've added a whole host of popular hub offerings, new decal designs, and two new rims.

Look for our press release here shortly. In the meantime, I am happy to chat about the new rims if anyone has questions.

Cheers

Dustin

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
    Anything coming with internal width in the 33-35 mm range ?
    We are working on a wider format rim. We've been riding 27.5 plus tires on the 30mm Agent in 2.8 and are happy with the performance and tire profile it gives. We found that the thinner cases are causing some rollover and this spurred us to get rolling on the plus rim. We are currently in R&D and have some unique plans for this rim. Target width will be 35-37mm we think.

Stay tuned.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Just picked up a set of Agents with Hopes for my Yeti Sb5.5. Replacing DT E1900.

I have one ride up here in Tahoe and so far and it's a huge upgrade:

--substantially lighter feeling bike (haven't weighed yet, and probably won't)
    --snappier accelaration
    --Hope hubs are a big upgrade over my OEM hubs
    --Wider rim profile for better traction

I have Minions mounted up front and rear (DHF's) with a 2.5 in the front and a 2.3 in the rear. I'll update with some pics when the sun warms things up a bit. Nothing flashy with colors though...pretty stealth.

FYI--The Backcountry in Truckee has a couple sets of We Are Ones for Demo...Great shop to work with.

Rider/Builder/Hacker
    Nov 2015

Dustin,
    Here's a few teaser shots...

Will follow up with the full set via email.
    -LC

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Beauty.

Need to see a full profile shot!!

Yeeewa

The Fastest of Bananas
    Quote Originally Posted by carbine_275 View Post
    Dustin,
    Here's a few teaser shots...

Will follow up with the full set via email.
    -LC
    mixy matching tires. hows the purgatory?

Rider/Builder/Hacker
    Nov 2015
    mixy matching tires. hows the purgatory?
    I haven't had a chance to try out this combo on the trails yet, but I'm hoping that it matches my experience with the Purgatory on other bikes. I've got the same combo on my Django 29er, and it works for me there, so I expect more of the same with the HD3.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    After what seemed like forever (2 weeks) I got something in the mail today and wasted no time getting them set up.

We Are One Composites-wr1.jpg

We Are One Composites-wr2.jpg

We Are One Composites-wr3.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjay View Post
    After what seemed like forever (2 weeks) I got something in the mail today and wasted no time getting them set up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wr1.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	1189710

Name:	wr2.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	1189712

Name:	wr3.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	1189713
    I just got a set too! Got one short ride in on them as the weather is crap.
    Seriously one of the easiest tubeless setups I've ever done. 2.5 WT Minions went on tool free.

mtbr member
    Too scared to run carbon....only weigh 120lbs. ride a 26er with Rohloff....multiple dings in rear rims. Wide rims seem to be the worst.....

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by ladljon View Post
    Too scared to run carbon....only weigh 120lbs. ride a 26er with Rohloff....multiple dings in rear rims. Wide rims seem to be the worst.....
    So I have to ask..is this a joke? Apologies if not. Iím 190-195 (down from 220ish). Been riding wer1 agents for ~ 6 months and never have I been Ďscaredí. Dings, scratchesósure...kinda comes with the territory. But theyíre awesome. Gnarly descents = Went with rims only and laced them to hope pro 4 hubs and Sapim race spokes. First MTB carbon wheelset, but pleased to say the least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    No joke...when I went to 2.1 and 2.4 tires running the same 18-22psi, started dinging rims bad. Went with 35mm wide rims, got worst. Back to 1.7 tires...all better.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ladljon View Post
    No joke...when I went to 2.1 and 2.4 tires running the same 18-22psi, started dinging rims bad. Went with 35mm wide rims, got worst. Back to 1.7 tires...all better.
    This one is a better joke.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jasec79 View Post
    So I have to ask..is this a joke?
    I kinda wondered the same thing.... then I just moved on

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    hi every one,

Does anyone have ridden santa cruz reserve wheels? i cant decide between the agent and the reserve! i have riden enve m60 and i like how they feel but the exaggerated price and no life time warranty makes them a no no. any help will be appreciated, thanks

Fedfox

mtbr member
    I'm planning my next build (Knolly Fugitive LT) and your rims are on my short list of considerations. For me, the Insiders' internal width seems just fine, but I'm worried about strength compared to the Agent. I am not a super fast enduro racer and I am not a big huckster, just a guy in his mid 30s that likes to go pretty fast, take some drops and little jumps here and there and not worry about breaking his rims. I'm 200lbs geared up, and I ride some very rocky trails, but with reasonable tire pressure. So, how strong is the Insider compared to the Agent?

I looked for this info on the website, but didn't see it - please just point it out if it is there!
    "So you think it's the hat?... A lot of people hate this hat. It angers a lot of people, just the sight of it." - Uncle Buck

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by inonjoey View Post
    I'm planning my next build (Knolly Fugitive LT) and your rims are on my short list of considerations. For me, the Insiders' internal width seems just fine, but I'm worried about strength compared to the Agent. I am not a super fast enduro racer and I am not a big huckster, just a guy in his mid 30s that likes to go pretty fast, take some drops and little jumps here and there and not worry about breaking his rims. I'm 200lbs geared up, and I ride some very rocky trails, but with reasonable tire pressure. So, how strong is the Insider compared to the Agent?

I looked for this info on the website, but didn't see it - please just point it out if it is there!
    Thanks for the consideration for your next wheel choice. We have designed The Insider to be an XC/AM/Trail (and all the other segments that are below enduro ugh.....
    That being said, the classification was not because of strength, it was because of tire size due to the 27mm rim width.
    If you were to take into consideration the overall weight reduction of The Insider and the impact strength it takes, it is actually on par with The Agent. There is a 13% reduction in radial stiffness with The Insider and almost equal drop in lateral stiffness as well.
    I would not shy away from the overall strength of The Insider at all. We have all put this rim through the paces here and are very happy with the way it has performed. I am confident you will find it will perform very well for your needs.

Cheers

Dustin

mtbr member
    Thanks for the consideration for your next wheel choice. We have designed The Insider to be an XC/AM/Trail (and all the other segments that are below enduro ugh.....
    That being said, the classification was not because of strength, it was because of tire size due to the 27mm rim width.
    If you were to take into consideration the overall weight reduction of The Insider and the impact strength it takes, it is actually on par with The Agent. There is a 13% reduction in radial stiffness with The Insider and almost equal drop in lateral stiffness as well.
    I would not shy away from the overall strength of The Insider at all. We have all put this rim through the paces here and are very happy with the way it has performed. I am confident you will find it will perform very well for your needs.

Cheers

Dustin
    Thanks for the reply - exactly the information I was looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "So you think it's the hat?... A lot of people hate this hat. It angers a lot of people, just the sight of it." - Uncle Buck

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fedfox View Post
    hi every one,

Does anyone have ridden santa cruz reserve wheels? i cant decide between the agent and the reserve! i have riden enve m60 and i like how they feel but the exaggerated price and no life time warranty makes them a no no. any help will be appreciated, thanks

Fedfox
    I have some Reserve 30s on my Wreckoning, and love them. Currently based whats available and warranties, I'd only get the reserves or these WR1s.

Cheers

Dustin
    That's also a question I had been meaning to ask, and thanks for the explanation. I probably would have considered the Agents had I known more about your brand before I purchased the ones referenced above. I'm definitely interested in an Insider/240 set for my xc/trail bike. Now I just gotta find some cash (or a coupon code ).

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Great product built by amazing people. Service after sale is the best Iíve ever dealt with. Buy these suport the people not the man.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrah View Post
    I have some Reserve 30s on my Wreckoning, and love them. Currently based whats available and warranties, I'd only get the reserves or these WR1s.

That's also a question I had been meaning to ask, and thanks for the explanation. I probably would have considered the Agents had I known more about your brand before I purchased the ones referenced above. I'm definitely interested in an Insider/240 set for my xc/trail bike. Now I just gotta find some cash (or a coupon code ).
    Thanks for the consideration and we are happy to know we are on your radar. We are growing slowly and ensuring quality and customer service remain top notch. Feel free to reach out when you have any questions or are ready for those Insider wheels. I will be sure to take care of you.

Cheers

Dustin

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by chops-bike View Post
    Great product built by amazing people. Service after sale is the best Iíve ever dealt with. Buy these suport the people not the man.
    Stoked to hear we hit the mark. We aim high and try our best to keep working hard, and customers stoked.

I'll let the crew know how happy you are. They always enjoy hearing positive vibes.

Cheers

Dustin

mtbr member
    The lifetime warranty definitely was the tipping point for me. Now if I can just find $1300 in my couch cushions....

Seriously though...a set of your wheels will be my next big bike related purchase.
    Kona Big Unit SS
    Kona Private Jake SSCX
    DiamondBack Release 3
    Norco Torrent HT 7.1

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    The lifetime warranty definitely was the tipping point for me. Now if I can just find $1300 in my couch cushions....

Seriously though...a set of your wheels will be my next big bike related purchase.
    We'll be here when you are ready!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Well, I bit the bullet and ordered up some Insider wheels last Sat with 240 hubs and 36T engagement. I have yet to see a review or any feedback on the Insider so I appear to be one of the first. I did call before ordering and was impressed with the customer service. If the wheels are as good as the phone skills they will be great! Hopefully they will be coming soon. LMK if you want any feedback. I am pushing it a little by mounting they up to some 2.6 tires. With a 27mm internal it may be interesting. I really wanted something in the 1,500 g weight and these fit the bill. More to follow once they are received and ridden. Fingers and toes crossed.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Just to piggyback on this thread, rode my Agents hard this past month. Got one pretty gnarly enduro race in on them as well. Definitely took a few hard hits to say the least. Threw them in the stand this week and they are straight as an arrow, no need to true anything!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckeemtb View Post
    Well, I bit the bullet and ordered up some Insider wheels last Sat with 240 hubs and 36T engagement. I have yet to see a review or any feedback on the Insider so I appear to be one of the first. I did call before ordering and was impressed with the customer service. If the wheels are as good as the phone skills they will be great! Hopefully they will be coming soon. LMK if you want any feedback. I am pushing it a little by mounting they up to some 2.6 tires. With a 27mm internal it may be interesting. I really wanted something in the 1,500 g weight and these fit the bill. More to follow once they are received and ridden. Fingers and toes crossed.
    I've got about 200 hard miles on my Insiders so far including one tough race and they are doing great. I have the 240 hubs and cx-ray spokes and 2.35 tires. I am happy so far. I agree their customer service is top notch.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    How do you think they will work with 2.6 tires? Worst case I keep the stock heavy 35mm internals on the Mach 5.5 I ordered and run some 2.35 / 2.4 HR2 and DHF's on the WR1 setup.

Short-Change-Hero
    Interested in seeing the review from TruckeeMTB as well. If he rides and lives in truckee then he is in my backyard and I will be considering these for my 40th bday build next year. $450/ea is a tough pill to swallow but if the CS and warranty and ride are what everyone states then I am happy to find the money.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnash View Post
    Interested in seeing the review from TruckeeMTB as well. If he rides and lives in truckee then he is in my backyard and I will be considering these for my 40th bday build next year. $450/ea is a tough pill to swallow but if the CS and warranty and ride are what everyone states then I am happy to find the money.
    Will let you know soon, new bike and wheels should be here by next week if everything goes according to plan (which it rarely does). Trails are already dry and still covered in snow. Been riding daily. Will do a semi full report. I have ridden a number of Enve's, Roval's, Reynolds and others. All were OK but some just didn't wow me (for the money).

Short-Change-Hero
    Will let you know soon, new bike and wheels should be here by next week if everything goes according to plan (which it rarely does). Trails are already dry and still covered in snow. Been riding daily. Will do a semi full report. I have ridden a number of Enve's, Roval's, Reynolds and others. All were OK but some just didn't wow me (for the money).
    Thanks dude much appreciated. May have to hook up with you at some point for a ride as I am a person that likes to see things first hand if I can. Trails in Carson are completely dry and awesome right now, so if you have a hankering take the hour trip into town, sample the trails, local beers and food! Hit me up if you want some company as my house is literally 2 miles from Ash Canyon Trail Head.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    How do you think they will work with 2.6 tires? Worst case I keep the stock heavy 35mm internals on the Mach 5.5 I ordered and run some 2.35 / 2.4 HR2 and DHF's on the WR1 setup.
    I don't have a great answer for you on that as I have never even used anything bigger than a 2.4. I am using a 2.35 now and I think you could go a tad bigger, so a 2.6 would probably work. I would ask Dustin (founder I think) what he thinks and go with his recommendation. He seemed to be very knowledgeable about this kind of stuff and I trust his opinion a lot more than my own. Heck I bet they have even tested your exact tire combination or something very similar to it already.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Would love to sync up with ya, always up for riding. Never actually ridden Ash Canyon is soooooo far away, probably a whole hour! Heaps of trails up here. Waiting on rims and new bike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2017
    Hello WeAreOne. Do you have any plans to make molded plastic/rubber rim strips for your rims to seal the rim and replace the need for rim tape? Similar to what Enve uses on their M7 series rims.

Short-Change-Hero
    Would love to sync up with ya, always up for riding. Never actually ridden Ash Canyon is soooooo far away, probably a whole hour! Heaps of trails up here. Waiting on rims and new bike.
    It's all about the riding dude! Worth it to take a trip and try something different, you have a lot more locally than I do, so definitely easier for you to stick there. All good, hit me up if you change your mind, will even invite my buddy that used to be a Truckee-ite.

mtbr member
    Iíve got some Insiders too. Have about 100 miles on them so far. Iíve had Derby, Nox and Enve rims and the WR1ís are comparable in quality (or better) in every way. Have mine laced to P321 quiet hubs with Sapim Race spokes. Stiff in the way youíd want but not overly so. Great product guys!

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolGrandWizardLuke View Post
    Hello WeAreOne. Do you have any plans to make molded plastic/rubber rim strips for your rims to seal the rim and replace the need for rim tape? Similar to what Enve uses on their M7 series rims.
    This is a great idea, and we would love to solve the problem of tubeless tape. We are continuing our development on bettering this with a unique solution. We have not come to an answer yet, but it is in the works.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Well it was a good day for me, my Mach 5.5 got built up and as soon as I got home from the shop my WR1 wheels showed up. They are pretty gorgeous and pretty light (Insiders) they are now mounted up tubeless and think they will be fine with the 2.6 tires. Easy to get the bead to seal. Keeping the stock 35mm internal wheels as a backup and just in case they don't work well with this tire size. Also to sell with the bike when I sell the bike and keep the WR1's. The rim tape was nice, valves, stickers etc. My only issue and it's likely my fault is that the 240's were 6 bolt not center lock. I don't see a place on the website to specify. So I bit another bullet and bought some new rotors. Any, it's raining here but will take a quick ride and test everything out.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    So quick rip on the new bike with new wheels. Hard to judge since everything is new. That being said the Insider's seem to feel good and snappy, not too stiff and didn't feel roll or have any issues with running the 2.6 rubber. I like the mostly quiet 240's over the I9's. Granted I have had 240's on 3 other bikes so it's personal preference. 36t engagement is perfect but it's also what I am used to. Will update with more riding.

Short-Change-Hero
    So quick rip on the new bike with new wheels. Hard to judge since everything is new. That being said the Insider's seem to feel good and snappy, not too stiff and didn't feel roll or have any issues with running the 2.6 rubber. I like the mostly quiet 240's over the I9's. Granted I have had 240's on 3 other bikes so it's personal preference. 36t engagement is perfect but it's also what I am used to. Will update with more riding.
    Sweet! Post up some pics of the new whip and wheels. Hoping to get a bit of a dry spell down here tonight so I can get out on the bike, crashed on Monday in Chico and so gave myself a couple days to recuperate but body is still pretty sore. I am so rough on my bikes I always shy away from carbon, already had two friends that I bike with on a regular basis crack their carbon rims here in Carson. One is a no go failure, the other he is riding out until it has a catastrophic failure as the crack started small but expands a little each ride.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    It's been raining here but the dirt is perfect. 2 rides in 2 days of ownership, will ride again today or tomorrow and this weekend. 2nd ride I was feeling for comfortable with the bike. I feel it rails the corners weeks and has enough internal width to support the 2.6 tires with the Insider 27 internals. Going to do a demo soon with my friend that just got a Mach 5.5 with the Reynolds wheels 35 internal. Some bike and tire setup so it should be interesting. I will throw some calipers on as well. With the Insider's the 2.6 Maxxis DHF up front comes out to about 2.55 inches and the rear Recons at 2.5. It's hard to say if this is due to the narrower internal rim or just tire sizing. This is at 22 psi in the front and 20 in the back. I have heard the Recons are smaller than 2.6 on all rims.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnash View Post
    Sweet! Post up some pics of the new whip and wheels. Hoping to get a bit of a dry spell down here tonight so I can get out on the bike, crashed on Monday in Chico and so gave myself a couple days to recuperate but body is still pretty sore. I am so rough on my bikes I always shy away from carbon, already had two friends that I bike with on a regular basis crack their carbon rims here in Carson. One is a no go failure, the other he is riding out until it has a catastrophic failure as the crack started small but expands a little each ride.
    What rims are you're friends riding?
    actually I hear and see similar results from carbon rims all the time here in Colorado.
    I remain confident that we are dealing with the best product and most importantly the best customer service in the industry.
    we will let you know how they ride when I receive mine and can test.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    It's been raining here but the dirt is perfect. 2 rides in 2 days of ownership, will ride again today or tomorrow and this weekend. 2nd ride I was feeling for comfortable with the bike. I feel it rails the corners weeks and has enough internal width to support the 2.6 tires with the Insider 27 internals. Going to do a demo soon with my friend that just got a Mach 5.5 with the Reynolds wheels 35 internal. Some bike and tire setup so it should be interesting. I will throw some calipers on as well. With the Insider's the 2.6 Maxxis DHF up front comes out to about 2.55 inches and the rear Recons at 2.5. It's hard to say if this is due to the narrower internal rim or just tire sizing. This is at 22 psi in the front and 20 in the back. I have heard the Recons are smaller than 2.6 on all rims.
    Great to hear you are testing the 2.6 tires on The Insider. I am personally giving the 2.8 Minion DHF a go on the same rim. We are weighing in our decision to build a plus rim...and at this point I am not convinced that you need a 35-45mm wide rim to take advantage of the plus format.
    I have been running 22psi, a tad higher than standard set up for a plus. But the volume is lower, so it feels VERY similar IMO. The profile is nice and round with aggressive side knobs that stick past the case of the tire, so you can be aggressive and lean in on the tires with huge confidence. No flat or square profile which creates a bunch of drag.
    I am having a blast on this setup. We use to run Michelin when I raced for Giant and loved the 2.8 front tire back then. It brings back that exhilarating ride just like back in the day. Loving it!!!

Cheers

Dustin

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I don't have a definitive answer at this time if a 2.6 on the Insider is perfect. It feels good and I think it's working well. Right now it's been raining so traction is amazing on anything with 2 wheels. Over the weekend I rode 2 days on my soon to be wife's Yeti SB5C with 2.3 Maxxis DHF and 2.4 HR2 (regardless of what the numbers say these tires are basically the same width). So I now have 3 days on the Insiders with my new Pivot 5.5 with 2.6 tires and I still feel like I can rail the turns with confidence. I can say they have more traction and volume (obviously). My gut is that it's right on the borderline. I am not convinced that you need a 35mm internal for 2.6's. I did try this with a friends Mach 5.5 with the Reynolds and I didn't notice an apparent difference. T I know a 30 internal works well and am reasonably confident the 27mm of the Insiders are sufficient. I was going back and forth between the Agents and Insiders and was willing to take a little risk and give it a go. At the end of the day I was lazy. I should of taken a few laps on the stock wheels with 35 mm then switched them over to the Insiders for a few laps with the same bike and same tires. I can say the Insiders are light, well built and look great.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Dustin I think I am now at one with the WR1 and after today's ride I can say I am super happy with the Insider's on 2.6 rubber. Did a trail with some smaller pops, jumps and gaps. Wheels felt perfect. Will be switched out the Rekon once it gets dry here. It rolls well but pretty mediocre in the dry and that's all summer here. Lastly I think my initial uncertainty was not due to the tire and wheels but rather the Fox 36 160 Factory fork. I weight about 145 and was not getting travel or small bump compliance. I originally thought it might of been the wheels. I took out the spacer and aired the fork well below recommended settings. I was ready to sell the fork yesterday. Today I am happy. Getting 5" on the pops, gaps and smaller jumps. I over-jumped one gap pretty good and got close to bottoming out so it's right where I want it. So stoked on the combo and think it works well. Can't speak to 2.8's but sold with 2.6's.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Four rides in and all is good with my Agents. Tore a tire today while running lower than normal pressure (24.5psi, rear, DHR II 2.3). Plugged it and back at it. Iíll keep playing with pressure but I donít think Iíll go any lower as I felt the tire squirm a little too much for my liking.
    I still canít believe how quiet the ďloudĒ P321 hubs are. I really need to focus to be able to hear them.
    I should be heading to Bromont for opening day tomorrow. They will get a good workout then.
    Iíll gladly repeat what many have already said, dealing with Dustin is a pleasure and Iím quite confident that if something were to happen to a rim, Iíll be taken care of.
    Eric

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I've been really enjoying my Agents on my SB5.5. I have DHF's front and rear (2.5 and 2.3). Running around 22 psi in pretty chunky terrain. So far so good. The hope hubs have been killer and much quieter than I thought they would be.

We Are One Composites-img_2045-1-.jpg

DFL
    Came home to this yesterday.
    IMG_2400 by Brett Valentine, on Flickr
    IMG_3674 by Brett Valentine, on Flickr

Let me tell you these wheels are beautiful! I can't wait to put them on the bike tonight after work. I'm putting on a DHF 2.5WT in the front and an Aggressor 2.5WT Double Down on the rear.
    I wouldn't **** you, you're my favorite turd.

mtbr member
    You guys have piqued my interest with your laid in North America rims, Dustin.

I ride a rigid 29er on all sorts of trails, and replaced the rear rim a few years ago after I put a healthy dent in the WTB speed disc that came on the bike. Iím currently planning a wheel build to lighten the bike up a bit, and Iím exploring options. My question for you is this- do you think your wheels will stand up to the stresses of riding rigid?
    Salsa Timberjack SS
    -Gears give me headaches

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of the Sage View Post

I ride a rigid 29er on all sorts of trails, and replaced the rear rim a few years ago after I put a healthy dent in the WTB speed disc that came on the bike. Iím currently planning a wheel build to lighten the bike up a bit, and Iím exploring options. My question for you is this- do you think your wheels will stand up to the stresses of riding rigid?
    I ride a hard tail now and had ridden rigid for several years prior to that. I am on the Insiders now and personally wouldn't hesitate to ride them rigid. I would get Dustin's opinion on this though.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage of the Sage View Post

Simple answer is, for sure. We have a decent number of shredders riding hand-built wonders from Chromag and Sick all riding Agent 29's or 27.5's
    I have a beauty Chromag Primer....yet to be assembled due to lack of time....but I will be riding the Insider 29 on that bike.
    You'll be surprised on the ride feel that The Insider has. It is very supple and a great fit for a hardtail that rides up and down.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the reply!
    Salsa Timberjack SS
    -Gears give me headaches

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Dustin,

I was hoping you could give me some adivce as to which wheel to order. I have been riding a Trek Rumblefish 29er for the last 6 years, but I have exceeded its capabilities, so I just purchased a 2018 Pivot Mach 6. I have several dings in the Bontrager alloy wheels that came with the Trek. I consider myself an advanced novice rider. I do not race. I love all kinds of trails, from rocky and rooty moto trails to nice flow trails. I am headed to Whistler for the first time next month. My riding weight is 180lbs. I was all set to order a pair of Agent wheels, but after reading this forum, I think the Insider would work as well. The Pivot Mach 6 comes with 2.5 inch tires, but can go up to 2.6.

Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Also, what is the warranty process for Australian buyers? Any local agents?

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Crudestmass View Post
    Dustin,

I was hoping you could give me some adivce as to which wheel to order. I have been riding a Trek Rumblefish 29er for the last 6 years, but I have exceeded its capabilities, so I just purchased a 2018 Pivot Mach 6. I have several dings in the Bontrager alloy wheels that came with the Trek. I consider myself an advanced novice rider. I do not race. I love all kinds of trails, from rocky and rooty moto trails to nice flow trails. I am headed to Whistler for the first time next month. My riding weight is 180lbs. I was all set to order a pair of Agent wheels, but after reading this forum, I think the Insider would work as well. The Pivot Mach 6 comes with 2.5 inch tires, but can go up to 2.6.

Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
    Hey Crudestmass,

For a bike like the Mach 6 and all it is built to do, we would consider it the prime candidate for The Agent product line. If you plan to run a 2.5 - 2.6 tire and ride park days and more aggressive terrain, it would be my suggestion to stick with The Agent. It is a rim you can count on for this type of riding and a more mixed bag of tires.

We run a 2.3 - 2.8 on The Agent currently and find that the added beef of the 3.5mm rim lips give that protection for large impacts that might come from park riding and more rocky/rooty terrain.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by robmac48 View Post
    Also, what is the warranty process for Australian buyers? Any local agents?
    We currently do not have a agent in Aus. We are working on getting that set up for the 2019 season and once it is, it will allow for much faster and cheaper shipping solution. Currently we offer the same warranty, but the customer pays the shipping. So you will have to factor that in if you live in Aus at the moment.

Cheers

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Does anyone have any comments on the WR1 rims as compared to Enve M60's (my current rims) in terms of ride quality? I've really enjoyed the M60's for the most part, but they are STIFF and end up feeling pretty harsh as longer rides go on. I've been thinking about trying WR1's instead of Enve's on my new ride (still not purchased yet). Any thoughts around ride quality would be great!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Never owned Enve's but ridden them quite a few times on friends rides. I would agree they are too stiff, harsh and expensive for me. They seem to ping and zing. I have the WR1 Insiders, others may disagree but I would say they are pretty smooth, soft and forgiving. So this may be good or bad based on what you are looking for. I like but others may not. It could also partially be my combo of Insider with 2.6 tires. I suspect the Agents will be much stiffer feeling and feel changes a lot based on tire size combo. There are a few at our local shop that ride Agents and love them but I have not ridden them. I really wanted something lighter than the stock wheels on the M5.5. Build quality appears to be really good, setup was easy. One of the stickers is coming off and they are true after about 12 rides though I do need to check spoke tension.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Never owned Enve's but ridden them quite a few times on friends rides. I would agree they are too stiff, harsh and expensive for me. They seem to ping and zing. I have the WR1 Insiders, others may disagree but I would say they are pretty smooth, soft and forgiving. So this may be good or bad based on what you are looking for. I like but others may not. It could also partially be my combo of Insider with 2.6 tires. I suspect the Agents will be much stiffer feeling and feel changes a lot based on tire size combo. There are a few at our local shop that ride Agents and love them but I have not ridden them. I really wanted something lighter than the stock wheels on the M5.5. Build quality appears to be really good, setup was easy. One of the stickers is coming off and they are true after about 12 rides though I do need to check spoke tension.
    Thanks for the reply Truckeemtb! I'm in Reno, what shop is your local shop?

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Backcountry has a few employees on them. We have have a ton of shops here. LMK if you want to check out mine, I know Backcounty has a demo set of Agents.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    I will be upgrading the stock wheels on my SC 5010 soon and have narrowed my choices down to The Insider and Nox's Teocalli. Planning on going with a DT 240 hub. This might be a long shot but does anyone out there have any experience with both of these wheelsets and could provide a comparison?

My other questions is what would be the weight savings between Sapim Race and Cx-Ray spokes?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Great to hear you are testing the 2.6 tires on The Insider. I am personally giving the 2.8 Minion DHF a go on the same rim. We are weighing in our decision to build a plus rim...and at this point I am not convinced that you need a 35-45mm wide rim to take advantage of the plus format.
    I have been running 22psi, a tad higher than standard set up for a plus. But the volume is lower, so it feels VERY similar IMO. The profile is nice and round with aggressive side knobs that stick past the case of the tire, so you can be aggressive and lean in on the tires with huge confidence. No flat or square profile which creates a bunch of drag.
    I am having a blast on this setup. We use to run Michelin when I raced for Giant and loved the 2.8 front tire back then. It brings back that exhilarating ride just like back in the day. Loving it!!!

Cheers

Dustin
    I have been running a comparable setup with the SC Reserve wheels/ DHF & agree with you on all points. A great setup for the chunk we have here in western colorado.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by flyninjasquirrel View Post
    I will be upgrading the stock wheels on my SC 5010 soon and have narrowed my choices down to The Insider and Nox's Teocalli. Planning on going with a DT 240 hub. This might be a long shot but does anyone out there have any experience with both of these wheelsets and could provide a comparison?

My other questions is what would be the weight savings between Sapim Race and Cx-Ray spokes?

Thanks!
    Hi,

I Do not have experience with Nox's Teocalli, however i do have a set of insiders on my 2018 Nomad and they are exquisite ( I do about 70% trail/enduro and 30 park). They are set up with I9 hubs with Cx-Ray spokes, beautiful wheels gotten complement from LBS's, the quality is top notch the raw inside of the rim is gorgeous (wish that was the outside of the rim). I am running a 2.5 DHF in the front and a 2.3 aggressor in the back both with huck norris inserts.

The wheel is stiff enough and damps some vibration, i was concert about the strength of the wheel for the bike park but after communicating with Dustin Adams from WR1 i was convince that they can that a beating (That is what he rides, and i am sure he can beat that wheel a lot worse than me). I have taken the wheels to my local bike park Mountain creek which has some pretty ferocious rock gardens and it as perform wonderful. I feel i can turn better and ride faster, the engagement on the I9 is superb, i am crushing climbs that made me suffer before. Their new life time warranty and customer service is great. I believe your 5010 will be wonderful with the insiders, that is what i will do.

Sincerely,

Fed

The Fastest of Bananas
    Quote Originally Posted by fedfox View Post
    Hi,

I Do not have experience with Nox's Teocalli, however i do have a set of insiders on my 2018 Nomad and they are exquisite ( I do about 70% trail/enduro and 30 park). They are set up with I9 hubs with Cx-Ray spokes, beautiful wheels gotten complement from LBS's, the quality is top notch the raw inside of the rim is gorgeous (wish that was the outside of the rim). I am running a 2.5 DHF in the front and a 2.3 aggressor in the back both with huck norris inserts.

The wheel is stiff enough and damps some vibration, i was concert about the strength of the wheel for the bike park but after communicating with Dustin Adams from WR1 i was convince that they can that a beating (That is what he rides, and i am sure he can beat that wheel a lot worse than me). I have taken the wheels to my local bike park Mountain creek which has some pretty ferocious rock gardens and it as perform wonderful. I feel i can turn better and ride faster, the engagement on the I9 is superb, i am crushing climbs that made me suffer before. Their new life time warranty and customer service is great. I believe your 5010 will be wonderful with the insiders, that is what i will do.

Sincerely,

Fed
    Pretty sure I saw you out there at creek on them. Looks sick in person

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Thank you fastbanana

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Just installed my Agent 27.5 wheels with Onyx hubs. I cant wait to ride them tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails We Are One Composites-2018-pivot-mach-6.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Dustin I think I am now at one with the WR1 and after today's ride I can say I am super happy with the Insider's on 2.6 rubber. Did a trail with some smaller pops, jumps and gaps. Wheels felt perfect. Will be switched out the Rekon once it gets dry here. It rolls well but pretty mediocre in the dry and that's all summer here. Lastly I think my initial uncertainty was not due to the tire and wheels but rather the Fox 36 160 Factory fork. I weight about 145 and was not getting travel or small bump compliance. I originally thought it might of been the wheels. I took out the spacer and aired the fork well below recommended settings. I was ready to sell the fork yesterday. Today I am happy. Getting 5" on the pops, gaps and smaller jumps. I over-jumped one gap pretty good and got close to bottoming out so it's right where I want it. So stoked on the combo and think it works well. Can't speak to 2.8's but sold with 2.6's.
    Update. So the Insider with 2.6 tires works well only with certain 2.6 tires. I have found the Maxxis DHF 2.6 gives it too round a profile, the 2.6 has pretty large gaps between the center and cornering knobbies creating a gap or dead spot. So on slower technical trails it works well, on faster flatter turns it can wash pretty easily unless you are fully committed and leaned over. I switched to a 2.5 DHF on front and a DHR2 on the back and it's much much better. Knobs are squared up a little more and can rail better on loose over hard and are much more predictable with less wash in certain circumstances. It feels more precise and less floaty and more locked in. Measuring the width of the tires with calipers the 2.5 vs 2.6 is only a few mm different on 27 internals. Ironically my friends 2.8 tires on 29 internals are only a few mm bigger than the 2.6. The 2.8's are not even close to 2.8, the 2.5's measure out to 2.51. The bottom line after about 30 rides, I love the Insiders but you will have to experiment with rubber if you wheels are not 30-35 or so to find the happy spot. I am going to throw the 2.6's on the stock 35 internal wheels to experiment. Anyway, the 2.5 DHF and 2.4 DHR2 works well here in the dry loose over hard, seems to roll better, hook up well for climbing and goes down more precisely without washing in the high speed flatter corners. The 2.5 cornering knobs are closer together and I think this makes the difference. Just my 2 cents, your results may vary. I have a Butcher 2.6 that looks like it will work but haven't tried it since I am now happy with current configuration.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast