mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Warped tire (not rim) tubeless help?

I didn't check my air pressure before heading out for a ride, came off a small drop and my tire kinda made a loud pop. I looked down and the damn tire is warped. The rim if perfectly fine, but a section of the tire is kinda coming off sideways and warped. Turns out I had only 17 or 18 psi. I'm running conti mountain kinds tubeless. Any easy fix for this, or did I ruin the tire?

thanx!

How much does it weigh?
    I have a Rubber Queen that is warped as well.

Came like that brand new though.

E-Mail Continental.

mtbr member
    Could you have slipped a bead? I have Kendas mounted to Mavic 819's and have to manually seat the bead in a couple places after inflation....at low PSI, I could see the bead slipping and needing to be reseated.

First time I put the tires on I thought the same thing...tire must be warped. But nope..

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I just did the exact same thing this weekend to my front and rear on a 4 foot drop.

Trail Kings. Loud sound.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I don't know if this is relevant or not, but if I forget to soapwater everything well, the tire will usually be a half-inch out of true. I seem to recall the same thing happened when I burped once.

Try dismounting both sides, spraying soapwater on the beads and rim, and remounting.