mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Are Vuelta wheels any good?

Im looking at the zero lites, i want to know what you guys thought about them, i wont be doing anything to extreme with them.
    Thanks

Former Bike Wrench
    They probably have a bit a of down reputation solely from the association with Bikes Direct which is dumb. Hubs are Formula made of various quality from heavy but durable cup and cone models to light cartridge bearing models. Rims are pretty standard and they often use bladed spokes which is useless on MTB wheels but doesn't really hurt anything. The Zerolites tend to use paired spokes which I'm less than a fan of after many years of doing repairs and warranties on Rolf and Bontrager wheels from Trek. I think you're better off with some of their other standard laced wheels.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Ok, thanks for the info.

So are they going to be lighter than, say my factory specialized hardrock wheels?

Former Bike Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin67 View Post
    Ok, thanks for the info.

So are they going to be lighter than, say my factory specialized hardrock wheels?
    Most of the Zero Lite wheels are not all that light, contrary to what their name implies.

mtbr member
    The zero lites are just bad.. 24 spokes and 2200g! They're really heavy, and any broken spoke is really going to ruin your day. All the formula loose ball hubs ive had, have been really low quality and rough.

I would pass on them at any price.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Some vuelta wheels use hubs from joytech roughly equal to their novatec branded ones.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    I am considering these rims as well for my old Giant Iguana. I have a question and its probably a dumb one but i am new to allot of this stuff. It seams that allot wheels are 100mm front and 135mm rear is that what most bikes are and is my 2001 Giant Iguana that size. Thanks in advance.

Eddie

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward78 View Post
    I am considering these rims as well for my old Giant Iguana. I have a question and its probably a dumb one but i am new to allot of this stuff. It seams that allot wheels are 100mm front and 135mm rear is that what most bikes are and is my 2001 Giant Iguana that size. Thanks in advance.

Eddie
    Yup. 100 front and 135 rear is normal for the average MTB. Some are going wider out back to use fat tires now
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/