mtbr member
    Jan 2016

Vittoria Airliner Smash test

https://youtu.be/aA--7JqFU1U

I found that the Airliner delivers on its ability to do more than just protect your rims! Now if they just weren't soo $$!
    5010 v1, MikeLikesTrails/MTBfilmschool

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Hey I just stumbled across your video. Nice job man! I had Cushcore, the install and removal with my carbon hoops was absolutely ridiculous. I've been looking at these. I'd gladly pay the $20-30 difference in cost if they are as easy to install as it looks. Any other updates on performance? Did you remove a tire yet?

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by monts View Post
    Hey I just stumbled across your video. Nice job man! I had Cushcore, the install and removal with my carbon hoops was absolutely ridiculous. I've been looking at these. I'd gladly pay the $20-30 difference in cost if they are as easy to install as it looks. Any other updates on performance? Did you remove a tire yet?
    Yes I have, I moved it from the rear of the hardtail and rand it in the front of my 5010 for a while, it does take more force to unseat the bead, what I found worked really well was using my knees for leverage on the spokes, then flexing the tire down as sharp as I could and it usually broke free. I would like to see if a wider rim/tire combo makes it easier, I feel like 30mm rims with 2.5 would be filled up less with the insert and make the install/removal even easier. I am moving it to the rear now that we are getting into wet leaf time of the rear, if I can run 22psi in the rear that should help a lot with traction. (I usually need 26)
    5010 v1, MikeLikesTrails/MTBfilmschool

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I currently have the Pepi's Tire Noodle but I like the look of these, might be an alternative if the Pepi's doesn't last.
    Last edited by GRPABT1; 1 Week Ago at 03:14 AM.