MomentUs
    Jan 2004

Vert UST vs NBX 2.3 UST.. Help!

Am presently running standard kevlar NBX 2.3s (with Stans). Love the tire for the hard pack sand that I do most of my riding in. I have been noticing lately that the rear keeps deflating (twice in the last month, after re Staning) and am wondering that if I need the stronger side wall for my weight (220 lbs, without riding gear) that UST tires give.

Now, the NBX UST 2.3s would be great but are heavy (I know so am I), the Verts are a couple of hundred grams lighter. I don't see the point in going to a heavier tire if I don't have to.

Any thoughts? Have considered Schwalbe Big Jim 2.25 UST, but they don't sell them where I live..

Greg

Riding free's the mind
    Jan 2004

Verticals

I've found the standard Vertical Protection 2.3" tires are great at lower air pressures with sidewalls that really hold up nicely (using Stans). I can't claim experience at your body weight, but I'd assume based on comparison to other tires that I've gotten more stability with conti's.

I understand the UST version will be beefier in the side walls, might make sense for your weight. Do you have UST rims?
    [SIZE=2]Question to a custom frame builder..."So what makes your bikes climb better?"....his answer, "Uh, your legs?"[/SIZE]

Young, Shawn Young
    I just put some 2.3 nbx tubeless on my bike this evening. Im going to try to get out before dinner or at sunrise. I will post results later.

Shawn
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

Young, Shawn Young
    Well, back from my first ride with the nbx 2.3 ust tires I ve heard a few negative things about these tires but I have to give them a big thumbs UP. First off, when you order a 2.3 you expect a bigger tire and these fit the bill. Very nice volume and excellent traction. Sure, these are a bit slower than the high rollers I had on but I will make that trade anyday.

I took these out to Bootleg Canyon and I didnt puppy them either. The fact is there arent any trails out there that you can take it easy on. Excellent over rocks, cornering, and climbing. Thanks to tire guru Shigster for suggesting I try these great tires,

Shawn
    "Im just going to explore a little bit..."

Dont make me be the bad guy...

Do I need a pass to ride this trail?

MomentUs
    Jan 2004

Yup am running...

Yup am running Mavic X3.1 laced to XT hubs. Need to change the hubs out as they seem to be making some not so nice noises after a couple of small (2 to 3 foot) drops.

What I really need is for Kenda to bring out the Blue Groove in UST... that would be perfect..