JHK
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Vert Pro vs Nevegal 2.1 (volume ??)

I have always been a conti vert pro 2.3 fan for my superlight, but am thinking about trying the Nevegal 2.1 dtc in back with the monster 2.35 blue groove sticky in front....

Any thoughts on volume of the kenda vs the conti ?

How about rolling resistance ? Should I put a blue groove on back for better rolling and how would that stack up against the vert pro?

Thanks !

JK

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    The specs are on my Tire Site.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    The Contis are relatively low volume tires. Their 2.3 really measures closer to 2.1. I used to ride verts front and rear. Now I use a Nevegal 2.35DTC rear and a BG 2.35 DTC front.

The contis roll better than the BG or Nev.

A BG on the back would work as long as the soil is not too loose .... or powder opfver hardpack. The BG does poorly in those conditions.

You may want to mention where you ride so that we could be more specific about recommendations.

JHK
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Vert Pro vs. Nevegal or Blue groove

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Shorts
    The Contis are relatively low volume tires. Their 2.3 really measures closer to 2.1. I used to ride verts front and rear. Now I use a Nevegal 2.35DTC rear and a BG 2.35 DTC front.

The contis roll better than the BG or Nev.

A BG on the back would work as long as the soil is not too loose .... or powder opfver hardpack. The BG does poorly in those conditions.

You may want to mention where you ride so that we could be more specific about recommendations.
    Good Call..... NorCal, mostly in Marin (Tamarancho), but I try to spend some time near tahoe in the summer where soil conditions are much looser. I am on a SC superlight, so while I could go 2.35 in front...(trying a blue groove right now) I think the 2.1 will max out the back. Just trail riding and I like running them low to soften the ride.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

JK