mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Is Velocity's Reflective Coating Durable???

I want to get some Velocity Dyads for my commuter in reflective black (graphite), but before doing so, I'd like to know how durable the finish would be compared to stardard ano color options.

I'd like to qualify my question by adding that the rims won't be abused, will never be exposed to salt in the winter, and will only occasionally be driven in muddy areas. I also usually keep my bikes in great condition,,,

I like the additional safety feature these rims offer, and the reflective finish itself looks kind of cool!

Thanks for your help...

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Drdan View Post
    I want to get some Velocity Dyads for my commuter in reflective black (graphite), but before doing so, I'd like to know how durable the finish would be compared to stardard ano color options.

I'd like to qualify my question by adding that the rims won't be abused, will never be exposed to salt in the winter, and will only occasionally be driven in muddy areas. I also usually keep my bikes in great condition,,,

I like the additional safety feature these rims offer, and the reflective finish itself looks kind of cool!

Thanks for your help...
    IIRC it is a powder coat finish. Very durable.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Thanks, Shiggy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    you8 can also get tires with the same sidewall, for extra visibility. the bike share in San Antonio has those tires on all their bikes.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    mine has been great albeit they have been used on my touring bike not out on the trails. combined with a reflective sidewall tire, it's pretty hard not to be seen. my rims are a dark greenish color in regular day light
    Is Velocity's Reflective Coating Durable???-droid-razr-2674.jpg