Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vee Rubber ?

Dirt Huffer
    What online sites stock these Vee Rubber tires?

JensonUSA was the only one I could find but they only had V12's

agu
    mtbr member
    Just a thread bump to share this:

Vee Rubber ?-vr650.jpgVee Rubber ?-vr29.jpg

The Race-V and Speed-R will be arriving here next week, will fit them to some rims and maybe get a ride report or two.

So far the models I've ridden are the Mission, Flying V, Trax, and Traction Power.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    i think im getting vee rubber flying v's instead of panaracer cg xc's they look fast and well built.

no trees are safe
    Some of their tires look great but their 26" line is almost non existent... jerks.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator

Vee Rubber ?

Quote Originally Posted by Millfox View Post
    Some of their tires look great but their 26" line is almost non existent... jerks.
    Almost all Vee Rubber models are offered in 26", 650B, and 29, and some in 24".
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Millfox View Post
    I just bought the Race-V's in 26x2.1 and I LOVE THEM, I ride in NorCal (Marin). Lots of loose over hardpack singletrack (tamarancho, china camp, fire roads etc...). I have used many different tires some good some bad. These tires corner very well and are fast rolling as well. I had Kenda Slant Six's on my bike and I was not impressed with the cornering I got out of them. Anyways, I strongly recommend these tires, great price, great durability so far and I have put them through their paces for sure and I have had zero issues.

agu
    mtbr member
    I've no complaints running a Mission 29x2.4 rear, Speed-R 29x2.4 front combo on both a Jones and a VooDoo Canzo. They won't win any weight-weenie awards but grip is very predictable, and they tires roll fast. Ditto with the Flying-Vs, which I've ridden in 29x2.20 and 29x2.35 guise. The Traction Power has found a permanent place in my monstercross bike as well.

There may be better/lighter/faster/grippier tires out there, for sure, but I think they don't pack as much value and performance as the Vees.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AC/BC View Post
    What online sites stock these Vee Rubber tires?

JensonUSA was the only one I could find but they only had V12's
    i bought vee 12's 29x1.75 from Universal Cycles. Good price, great shipping. No complaints.

mtbr member
    Just an FYI PricePoint.com has these on sale for $10 each!

It ain't easy being Green
    Quote Originally Posted by subspd View Post
    Just an FYI PricePoint.com has these on sale for $10 each!
    ...and that probably tells you all you need to know! Sarcasm aside, it's just too good of a deal to pass up; I bought a pair of Missions. There's no way that thing is going on a front wheel of mine but it looks like a great rear for my practice wheelset. Currently I'm running a Slant 6 in the back, the Mission looks very similar.

Rod
    Endorphin Junkie
    I'm considering a pair from pricepoint was well, but I'm unsure of the volume of these tires and how well they do in rocks. I have a problem cutting tires, especially ones not designed as TR.
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I'm considering a pair from pricepoint was well, but I'm unsure of the volume of these tires and how well they do in rocks. I have a problem cutting tires, especially ones not designed as TR.

I would suspect they wouldn't be very good for sharp rocks. I'v heard the compound is pretty soft. I have the 29x1.75's on a set of velocity a23's with caliper brakes. I must of been a little sloppy setting up the pads because i went for a really short shake down ride and the edge of the pad was dragging just slightly on the edge of the sidewall and shaved a groove into it like butter. btw i am running them tubeless ("sealant compatible version"). just my 2 cents.

Vee Rubber ?

Quote Originally Posted by newdee View Post
    I would suspect they wouldn't be very good for sharp rocks. I'v heard the compound is pretty soft. I have the 29x1.75's on a set of velocity a23's with caliper brakes. I must of been a little sloppy setting up the pads because i went for a really short shake down ride and the edge of the pad was dragging just slightly on the edge of the sidewall and shaved a groove into it like butter. btw i am running them tubeless ("sealant compatible version"). just my 2 cents.
    ANY tire will fail if you have the brake pad rubbing on the sidewall.
    mtbtires.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    You could say the exact same about Schwalbe's and be out $120/pair; at least this experiment will cost me only $20/pair and who knows? They might be awesome tires!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    ANY tire will fail if you have the brake pad rubbing on the sidewall.
    I agree completely. But i'm talking about a number of tire revolutions you could count on your fingers.

I saw someone mentioning high tire wear with <100 km of riding for these tires. Time will tell!

Vee Rubber ?

Quote Originally Posted by newdee View Post
    I agree completely. But i'm talking about a number of tire revolutions you could count on your fingers.

I saw someone mentioning high tire wear with <100 km of riding for these tires. Time will tell!
    Yes, me, too. That is user error, not a tire issue. Brake pad on tire = dead tire. Always.

I ran the Vee12 29x1.95 for more than 1000 miles on pavement and gravel. Showed minor wear on the front and about half tread rear.
    mtbtires.com

Rod
    Endorphin Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by sdcadbiker View Post
    You could say the exact same about Schwalbe's and be out $120/pair; at least this experiment will cost me only $20/pair and who knows? They might be awesome tires!
    That's why I don't run Schwalbe. That's flirting with disaster. I can't argue with the price. For 20 dollars a pair, I need to get a set and see what happens.
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

...and that probably tells you all you need to know! Sarcasm aside, it's just too good of a deal to pass up; I bought a pair of Missions. There's no way that thing is going on a front wheel of mine but it looks like a great rear for my practice wheelset. Currently I'm running a Slant 6 in the back, the Mission looks very similar.
    I finally got sick of my worn Slant 6 sliding out in Big Bear dry gravel so today I mounted a Vee Mission 2.0 on my back wheel and went for a 20 mile ride. Granted that my previous tire was totally inappropriate for the conditions but I was pleasantly surprised; the tire hooked up really well on steep, dry gravel climbs and grip was predictable and acceptable throwing the bike into downhill turns at speed. The mechanic at my LBS (I borrowed their compressor) was fairly scathing (his exact words were "horrible choice of tire") but it worked much better than I expected and I now have lots of "PR" markers on my Strava upload. For those who know the Big Bear area I rode all of Skyline west to east, then down upper and lower Fall Line and Fern. No sidewall cuts, no "moments", just a fun ride! Not bad for $10 :-)

I finally got sick of my worn Slant 6 sliding out in Big Bear dry gravel so today I mounted a Vee Mission 2.0 on my back wheel and went for a 20 mile ride. Granted that my previous tire was totally inappropriate for the conditions but I was pleasantly surprised; the tire hooked up really well on steep, dry gravel climbs and grip was predictable and acceptable throwing the bike into downhill turns at speed. The mechanic at my LBS (I borrowed their compressor) was fairly scathing (his exact words were "horrible choice of tire") but it worked much better than I expected and I now have lots of "PR" markers on my Strava upload. For those who know the Big Bear area I rode all of Skyline west to east, then down upper and lower Fall Line and Fern. No sidewall cuts, no "moments", just a fun ride! Not bad for $10 :-)
    BTW, tires mounted tubeless with no problems on Charger Pro rims, one small bottle of Stans (no detectable weeping), 25 psi.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    OK, I've been running the Vee Rubber Mission on the rear and the Speed R front and got to say I'm really impressed... for the $$$$

• the are light, not the lightest but far from the heaviest and WAY lighter than most anything 2x the price.
    • Hook up.. well OK.. I did run this combo in the snow a few times this winter and got to say they did pretty well for such a low knob tire.. they both clear muck/slush really well also!
    • The last 1/2way decent, I wouldn't say I have a lot of miles on them as I've been old/injured/tired/working so,.. but pretty much used them in all conditions here and they aren't perfect, but man, better than I thought for the $$
    • Hook up tubeless rather easy and stay up without any bead issues (LOVED my Conti's but man were the bead's a pain in the butt regularly)

I will say the Mission (29er) I've spun out a few times on a hill when I really din't think I would or should have, but the surface was a loose, crush rock that the State put in the section to stop erosion and pretty much any low knob tire will spin.

Don't think I'll look for another tire.. probably will try a higher knob set from Vee Rubber this fall/winter just for giggles.
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Do they have a website? I can't seem to find one that has all there tires on it.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by edbraunbeck View Post
    Do they have a website? I can't seem to find one that has all there tires on it.
    .:: Veerubber USA ::.
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    sdcadbiker, what tire do you run up front?

Quote Originally Posted by LowOnO2 View Post
    sdcadbiker, what tire do you run up front?
    Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.35, TLR & Snakeskin; I run the same front tire on all my bikes. Normally I use a Maxxis Ikon 2.2 on the back wheel.

TRANCER
    I bought the VEE Rubber Mission tires in 26x2.1 (more like 1.9) from Pricepoint for $12 for my everyday bike and i love them on the pavement and asphalt. Vey fast tire on hard surfaces but no good on loose rock or wet anything , I even slipped on hardpack. For the price they are a good tire. I just really would never use them on my trail bike.
    Ride

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast