mtbr member
    Jan 2004

UST strip on Mavic Crossland

I have mavic crosslands, and I recently cracked the rim. I have been running them tubeless, and now it is time to search for a another rim/wheelset. My question is, would the UST rim strip work on mavic non-ust rims (such as 317s or another mavice wheelset that is not tubeless compatible) or is this strip only compatible with crossland rims.

Otherwise UST rims/wheelsets can get fairly pricey, which is not something that I can do without consequence from the wife.

transmitter~receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by micky
    I have mavic crosslands, and I recently cracked the rim. I have been running them tubeless, and now it is time to search for a another rim/wheelset. My question is, would the UST rim strip work on mavic non-ust rims (such as 317s or another mavice wheelset that is not tubeless compatible) or is this strip only compatible with crossland rims.

Otherwise UST rims/wheelsets can get fairly pricey, which is not something that I can do without consequence from the wife.
    unfortunately, it's only for the crosslands.
    It's not just about sealing the rim, which can be done with tape; the bead on 317s and other non-UST rims is not compatible with UST tires for tubeless use.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

Former Bike Wrench
    Might check out Bontrager rims or wheelsets, with their rim strip they meet UST specifications. They can often be found on e-bay and in the classifieds for good prices. The rims alone are available through a Trek LBS.