Eff U Gee Em
    Jan 2004

UST Larsen TT & Ignitor, actual widths?

I like the look of this combo, anyone got an actual measurement of the width of these? And is that including the side tread blocks or just the edge of the casing?

UST Larsen TT, 2.0"

UST Ignitor 2.35"

Don't want to get a 2.2" tire that's smaller than my 2.00" like I did last year, or a sub-2.0" tire.

Thanks

Former Bike Wrench
    mtbtires.com has lots of actual tire measurements from Shiggy

Eff U Gee Em
    Jan 2004

checked there first,

...didn't see either tire listed.

mtbr member
    My 2.35 Ignitor is 1.95ish sidewall to sidewall and 2.18ish lug to lug at 26psi ghetto tubeless...no idea how Maxxis came up with 2.35.

However, I love the tire. I think it feels bigger than it is, and it hooks up great on hard packed, rocky desert trails.

It's obviously heavier than a non-UST tire, but I can run 25psi and zero burps. I can actually go lower, but it gets a little squirrly on high-speed sweeping turns. Combined with 2oz of Slime Pro, I loose maybe 1 psi max per week, almost not even detectible.

A Kenda Small Block 8 in 2.35 is HUGE compared to the Maxxis Ignitor 2.35, but it's marginally lighter and the sidewalls feel like paper; not strong enough for the desert.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails UST Larsen TT & Ignitor, actual widths?-snc00386.jpg  

UST Larsen TT & Ignitor, actual widths?-snc00382.jpg  

mtbr member
    My 26x2.0 Larsen TT UST measures 2.05 at 30psi.