mtbr member
    May 2006

UST High Roller newb

I would appreciate any insight from anyone running one of these on the rear.
    Yesterday I made the decision to covert to tubeless. I purchased High Rollers (2.35, 2.1 f/r) I should have read reviews before buying, but I didnt. I have yet to take them up the trail, and am concerned that I should have gone 2.35 on the rear too, being I am 220lbs geared up. I ride agressive XC type riding in the denver front range and am not what you would call a finesse pilot.
    The bike shop did the ghetto tubeless conversion for me, and am not even sure if they would make the swap to a different tire (for free). I imagine there is a bunch of dried goop inside the tire now which would render the tire used even though it hasnt been ridden, but i dont know...... would you bother to try to make the switch to the larger volume?,
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    They are awfully small aren't they? I bought a 2.1 as well since the 2.25 LUST Crossmark barely fits in my frame. I figured a 2.35 would be too big. Not. The 2.1 rides pretty nice though, you might just like it.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Thanks for the reply
    After more e-riding, I think I am gonna try to switch to the ignitor 2.35 LUST. They seem pretty cool, and the worst they can say is no..
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

29 some of the time...
    The 2.1 ust is pretty small in volume, but it is strong enough to take abusive terrain. Biggest issue I have with it is that it has a much rounder profile than the 2.35, so you really have to lean it over to get the side knobs to bite. The smaller tire is an excellent mud tire though.

Once you put the goo in a tire it's yours. Not only is that unattractive to other buyers, but it usually voids the warranty (most mfg, not sure on maxxis though). If your shop will swap it for you, you need to hook them up with a pack of tasty microbrew
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I ran that combo for a while, and liked it quite a bit (minus the rolling resistance.) I did find the 2.1 to be a bit underwhelming at first, but after a few rides I got to like it on the back. I don't run them any longer as I wanted a faster rolling tire, but if you're just out playing and not racing, have fun on it for a while as you do own it now.