ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004

using Stans No Tubes valve core on Mavic UST valve stem

the tittle says all, I've been searching through the net but nothing came, so, can I just use a No Tubes valve core on a Mavic UST valve stem?? I can find NT valve cores easily but not Mavic ones...

mtbr member
    I am also interested in this; I like the idea of using a stem in which I can remove the core.

transmitter~receiver
    OP- try it... they cost like $2 at the bike shop.
    also, a stan's valve or a valve cut out of a tube works fine in Mavic UST wheels.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    should.. I believe all presta valves are the same...

did ya bend the core from the Mavic or something? got the old one? take some basic Measurements and I'll compare it to the one's I got.. I have a mix of a mess of stems/valves.
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    the thing is the core valve is clogged (also a little bent yes..) and I've tried to clean it but it doesn't work properly and I do not want to spend the money in a full valve if I can buy only the core. The funny thing is I can't find Mavic valve cores anywhere, so I'm not sure if Mavic sells the cores by themselves??

g3h6o3
    I used Stans's cores on my wife's Mavic Presta stem, it fits. However not all Mavic valves have a removable core, my XM819s don't but her Crossmax's do.
    Check out my SportTracks plugins for some training aid software.

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    ok great to know!! the Mavic valve stems I have are all removable so I think they'll work, in any case, I've found this Cleaning Valve Core and it works with the Mavic cores too so at least, I have been able to clean the dirt inside the core!
    Quote Originally Posted by PissedOffCil View Post
    I used Stans's cores on my wife's Mavic Presta stem, it fits. However not all Mavic valves have a removable core, my XM819s don't but her Crossmax's do.

transmitter~receiver
    Quote Originally Posted by ban View Post
    the thing is the core valve is clogged (also a little bent yes..) and I've tried to clean it but it doesn't work properly and I do not want to spend the money in a full valve if I can buy only the core. The funny thing is I can't find Mavic valve cores anywhere, so I'm not sure if Mavic sells the cores by themselves??
    Not all Mavic UST cores are removable. Check that first.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I used Stans valves in a SL and an SLR Mavic wheelset...

Even thought the seal didn't fit very well it did seal up and work.

Then I bought some Mavic valves with removable cores.... they worked too.

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    just to clarify things, I do have removable Mavic UST valve cores as said before, the first thing I do when it's hard to pump up a tire it's to remove the valve core and clean it (i've just found this link Cleaning Valve Core which I think solves my problem as this way, I can clean the clogged goo inside the core) just wanted to know if the No Tubes cores (see picture, as one thing is the valve stem and other is the core) are compatible with Mavic valve stems
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I have the same question. One of my Mavic cores broke at the bottom right where the black seal seats so it leaks.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by ecaos View Post
    I have the same question. One of my Mavic cores broke at the bottom right where the black seal seats so it leaks.
    Read the thread. The question was answered.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    May 2008
    oops, I got a little messed up. I get you are talking about between stans and mavic cores, but what about kenda? this is the first time I'm dealing with the valves, I was about to buy the whole thing but just found out about just replacing the core could be an option.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    just in case someone is considering the Kenda valve cores (they are much cheaper than Stans' and look just the same) this is what an ebay seller answered me when asked about compatibility with Mavic valve stems:
    "Yes they are compatible with the Mavic valves we have. They are fairly universal but we doubled checked to make sure if you bought them it would work."