• 12-12-2012
    NslrPrtn
    Used DT 240s or new Hope Pro 2?
    I have a set of 26" EX1750s with 240s hubs that I was thinking of building up with Flow 29ers. The hubs look and feel new. If I do this, the 36 tooth upgrade will be made. OR should I build up a set of HOPE Pro 2s with flows? I only have about $400 in the DT wheelset but the Aerolite spokes and 5.1 rims are in good shape...

Thanks!
  • 12-12-2012
    Zen Cyclery
    I would keep the 240s that you have. The Hopes are super nice hubs, but if it ain't broke, dont fix it. Plus 240s laced to Flows could be a pretty rad build overall.
  • 12-12-2012
    NslrPrtn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Zen Cyclery View Post
    I would keep the 240s that you have. The Hopes are super nice hubs, but if it ain't broke, dont fix it. Plus 240s laced to Flows could be a pretty rad build overall.

I just hate to break-up a perfectly good $$$ wheelset.

If there was a market for used Aerolite spokes it would be no brainer. ;)

I'm with ya...still thinking 240/Flow.
  • 12-12-2012
    t-dawg
    Either way you cannot go wrong. Other than you will only have one wheel set to play with if you build up the dt's. Personally I'm all about trying new things. And the hopes would be new and different...but much louder.
  • 12-12-2012
    006_007
    I dont see going from DT 240 -----> Hope as an upgrade (or vice versa).

Only reason I would justify switching was if you didnt want black hubs - Hopes are available in multiple colors.
  • 12-12-2012
    NslrPrtn
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 006_007 View Post
    I dont see going from DT 240 -----> Hope as an upgrade (or vice versa).

Only reason I would justify switching was if you didnt want black hubs - Hopes are available in multiple colors.

The DT EX1750 wheelset is 26" and I don't have a 26" bike that needs wheels anymore. I do though have a new 29er frame waiting to be built...
  • 12-12-2012
    womble
    Do you want to move from quiet hubs to buzzsaw hubs?
  • 12-12-2012
    Der Juicen
    i would say use the DT hub for the new build. either sell off the hoops, or keep them around with the spokes if you ever decide to go back to 26.