mtbr member

Tubeless trail inflation

I just went to tubeless on my Mojo. What inflation device do I need in case I get a blow off on the trail? Will a pump be sufficient or will I need CO2? If a pump will work what is the best one out there to carry? I don't want to get stuck somewhere without the proper tool for the job.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Smilerz View Post
    I just went to tubeless on my Mojo. What inflation device do I need in case I get a blow off on the trail? Will a pump be sufficient or will I need CO2? If a pump will work what is the best one out there to carry? I don't want to get stuck somewhere without the proper tool for the job.
    Bring spare tubes and a hand pump
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Fat & Single
    Yep ^^^ You cant go wrong with a tube and pump.

I have been tubeless for over 5 years now and always carried a spare tube and a Co2 inflator until one day i got a flat as my stans had dried up, put the tube in and got the Co2 out, pressed the trigger and it made a loud fizzing noise.... the cartridge was a dud.

I now carry a Lezyne Alloy Drive as its probably the highest volume small pump and 2 x Co2 cartridges with a Genuine Innovations proflate.

If you have rolled the tyre you might be able to seat it again with Co2 but carry a spare tube and pump anyway. If you spike the tyre with a big enough hole that wont seal you'll need the tube.

I also carry a park tools tyre boot, puncture repair kit and a presta/schrader adaptor just in case a service station is nearby.
    Ti O'Beast
    Indy Fab
    One9
    Dirty Disco CX

mtbr member
    If you plan on blowing the tire off, I'd carry a spare tire, tube and hand pump. Riding a tire that has blown off is dangerous.

dwt
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzybmx View Post
    Yep ^^^ You cant go wrong with a tube and pump.

I have been tubeless for over 5 years now and always carried a spare tube and a Co2 inflator until one day i got a flat as my stans had dried up, put the tube in and got the Co2 out, pressed the trigger and it made a loud fizzing noise.... the cartridge was a dud.

I now carry a Lezyne Alloy Drive as its probably the highest volume small pump and 2 x Co2 cartridges with a Genuine Innovations proflate.

If you have rolled the tyre you might be able to seat it again with Co2 but carry a spare tube and pump anyway. If you spike the tyre with a big enough hole that wont seal you'll need the tube.

I also carry a park tools tyre boot, puncture repair kit and a presta/schrader adaptor just in case a service station is nearby.
    This. Plus, I also carry a pack of single use krazy glue applicators, for punctures and small cuts. A drop of krazy glue on the outside of the puncture + sealant on the inside combine to create a seal that will last till your ride is over and you can then perform a permanent fix - if needed. I've used this successfully on mtb and road bikes.
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.