Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by broz View Post
    Without a compressor, it is difficult or impossible to get a bead if you lose it. a tube is a must on every ride.
    If by "get a bead" you mean get a bead to seat, I must disagree with you. You are making tubeless sound very difficult to people who perhaps have had no experience using tubeless systems.

A compressor may be necessary for tubeless conversions, using tires (and rims) not intended for tubeless use. Personally I will never use them as their success is basically a crap shoot.

I will only use rims and tires that have been designed for tubeless use , i.e. UST, TLR, 2Bliss, TNT etc. and UST or Stan's BST rims. There are other tubeless rim types that I have not tried. I have never had nor used a compressor to mount and seat tubeless tires. All that is needed is a floor pump and the tires are easy to seat.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
    If by "get a bead" you mean get a bead to seat, I must disagree with you. You are making tubeless sound very difficult to people who perhaps have had no experience using tubeless systems.

A compressor may be necessary for tubeless conversions, using tires (and rims) not intended for tubeless use. Personally I will never use them as their success is basically a crap shoot.

I will only use rims and tires that have been designed for tubeless use , i.e. UST, TLR, 2Bliss, TNT etc. and UST or Stan's BST rims. There are other tubeless rim types that I have not tried. I have never had nor used a compressor to mount and seat tubeless tires. All that is needed is a floor pump and the tires are easy to seat.

That is indeed great news for me since I have Stans BST rims and Maxxis LUST tires. Atlthough I don't think my front tire (Maxxis Ardent) is of the LUST variety. I appreciate your post as I was getting scared of having tubeless tires and was wondering if I would end up switching to tubes. I would never have gone tubeless if the bike didn't come with them. But now that I have them I hope to make the best of them and get to like them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2