mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Tubeless sidewall leak/Bontrager team issue TLR...

This morning I noticed a sidewall leak in roughly 5-6 spots along the sidewall, thus I have sealant pretty much all over on one side of the tire. Is this a case of the sidewall simply being warn out from rubbing and such, or would perhaps putting more sealant in seal things up? I'm guessing the former, and I'll be needing a new tire fairly soon anyway, but I'm hoping its the latter, as my LBS is closed today and I have sealant on hand (thus would love to get a ride in).

Thanks in advance...

mtbr member

Tubeless sidewall leak/Bontrager team issue TLR...

How long have you had the tire? Maybe the better question is how many miles on what kind of terrain?

I have never tried tubeless but just bought the XR4 Team Issue tires and have been thinking of going tubeless. This may have me thinking twice.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ucdengboss View Post
    How long have you had the tire? Maybe the better question is how many miles on what kind of terrain?

I have never tried tubeless but just bought the XR4 Team Issue tires and have been thinking of going tubeless. This may have me thinking twice.
    Quite a while---not sure how many miles, but like I mention I'm due for new tires fairly soon regardless. I'd highly recommend going tubeless...I went the tubeless route about three years ago and have never had a flat or any real issues. In fact this is the first problem I've had with my tubeless setup.