mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Tubeless Rimstrips for Bontrager Race X-Lite Wheels

On the Bontrager Race X-Liter 29er rim are both rimstrips asymetrical or is the front symetrical and the rear asymetrical?

Apparently on the 26" version of this wheel they are two different rimstrips.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Pride
    On the Bontrager Race X-Liter 29er rim are both rimstrips asymetrical or is the front symetrical and the rear asymetrical?

Apparently on the 26" version of this wheel they are two different rimstrips.
    Bonty lists only asymmetrical 700c/29" rim strips. Is there even a non-disc RXL 29er rim? No reason for disc rims to be symmetrical.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    Bonty lists only asymmetrical 700c/29" rim strips. Is there even a non-disc RXL 29er rim? No reason for disc rims to be symmetrical.

In the 26inch version of this wheel I was told today by my local bike shop that the front is symmetrical and the rear assymetrical. Would the 26inch wheelset be different?

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Pride
    In the 26inch version of this wheel I was told today by my local bike shop that the front is symmetrical and the rear assymetrical. Would the 26inch wheelset be different?
    AFAIK all of the disc wheels--26 and 29--use asymmetrical rims F&R.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common