mtbr member

"True Goo" tire sealant

Thought I would give kudos to a new tire sealant I tried recently, True Goo. I always used stan's but it always dries up after 3-4 months, then I was making a homebrew that worked pretty good but I recently had some troubles sealing tires at the bead. I found this product http://www.truegoo.com/, that is a polymer based sealant that doesnt dry up. I mounted an old UST tire on a UST rim for a test. I put 2 oz. in and it inflated up with no problems. I took a 16 penny nail and drove it in the tire in several places including the sidewall and spun the wheel and they all sealed up. Two days later that tire still had 35 psi in it. I then mounted a new WTB weirwolf LT 2.55 (non-ust) on my DT Swiss 5.1's with stan's tubeless strips. I put 4 oz of sealant in per recomendations and the tire blew up without any soap on the bead with an air compressor. I noticed very little leaking of the sealant around the bead, I did the whole rotate the wheel and shake side to side bit to get the sealant spread out well. I mounted the tire and spun it for a couple of minutes and checked the air pressure (37 psi). I fully expected the tire to be flat this morning as that is what usually happens with stans or the home brew until you get a few rides on it, to my amazement, it still had 35 psi! It is also priced competitively with stans, I got 32 oz for $19.99 via their website and I received my order 3 days after ordering. It is also available in one gallon sizes.

mtbr member
    Please give us an update after a few months. I'd like to know how quickly it dries out on you.

Also, do you have any information on the ingredients used in True Goo? Is it similar to Stan's?

mtbr member

I will

It is supposed to not dry out. It is polymer based so there is no latex or rubber agents that will dry out. The downfall of all latex sealants is that eventually the heat will dry it out. It is a much lower viscosity than latex sealants or slime. I would say it is about the same consistency as milk.

mtbr member
    FYIW, Stan's alos uses a secret polymer ingredient. I could be wrong, but I think True Goo is a copy of Stan's.

mtbr member

I think you are wrong

True goo has a comletely different look and feel, it doesnt have the the latex chunks in it. It could be a copy of stans but is used for commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, farm equipment, etc.