Huckin' trails

Tioga Psycho Genius vs SB8/Larsen TT

Hi, I'd like to know your opinion on which tire will be the best for those conditions :

40/60 on/off-road
    Dry hard pack (gravel path)
    Dry to almost muddy hardpack
    Some stone sections (flat rocks mostly moist)
    Over loose leafs and sand over hardpack.

Could use a mix'n match of both tire widths and model to get the best out of them. Mostly looking at 2.0/2.1 (XC size).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Larsen TT is a better tire than the SB8 - especially for sand over hardpack. Have not ridden the Genius but a buddy has them and likes them for the conditions you describe. I'd pick whichever is cheaper between the Genius and the Larsen.

Have FUN!

G
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

Clueless genius
    Feb 2011
    I've never ridden the Tioga, but I've used the Larsens and the SB8's. I'd pick the Larsen's over the SB8's as a rear tire any day. I wouldn't use the Larsen as a front and I really didn't enjoy the SB8's on the front. So I'd say Larsen as a rear, and Tioga on the front!
    2009 GT Sanction 2.0
    2007 C'dale Prophet 5
    1994 C'dale M400

Huckin' trails
    Thanks for your replies guys.

I've did a quick check this morning and I can get the Tioga Genius in 26x2.1 folding for about $26 or $20 for the wire bead version. The Larsen TT in 26x2.0 is around $35 folding. SB8 in 26x2.1 is about the same price as the Tioga.

I have to said I never tried the Larsen or Tioga, but I had good reviews on them. Is anyone know how the rubber is on the Tioga ? Like soft or hard ?

I'm looking at a hard compound rather than soft since I'll get a lot of pavement and gravel path on my way to the trails and even the trails are quite hard on soft compounds here.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!