Bike Whore
    Mar 2004

Supergo's $10 Kenda Kwick 1.5 slicks

I've been riding a set of Kenda Kwick 1.5 slicks on my XC bike for commuting and I like them only after finding two that were straight.

Be warned that these tires can potentially be warped in shaped brand new. Quality control is terrible. I bought my set instore at Supergo and my rear tire was so warped that it felt like the rear rim was out of true by about 0.5 an inch and made the rear end feel so squirrely that I thought something was wrong with my wheel. Took the tire back and went through about 10 until I found a straight tire.

I wouldn't mail order these from Supego, because they really do require an inperson inspection to avoid a warped set. On the plus side, the Supergo manager was cool about it and let me take my time to hunt for a straight tire, so it all worked out.

L1MEY
    Ugh, I just ordered a set of these... I hope they're okay

Bike Whore
    Mar 2004
    CORRECTION:
    I mistakingly wrote Kenda Kwick, when I meant Kenda Kwest

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by frankenbike
    CORRECTION:
    I mistakingly wrote Kenda Kwick, when I meant Kenda Kwest
    Going on my third set, just picked them right off the rack never even looked at them and I've had no problems? You must have bad luck. I did warp one on my trainer though.

Bike Whore
    Mar 2004
    Hopefully, I had just encountered a bad batch.

I did noticed that the pile I was looking through that day is gone now and they got in a new stack full of them in the main showroom.