mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Sunringle inferno 25 ust?

Web site doesnt say much but they did come with tubless valve stems. I assume they will work. There is already yellow tape inside, not sure if its the right yellow tape.

Hope to run my rapid robs tubless but the are pretty cheap tires.

Former Bike Wrench
    The Sun Inferno rims are not UST and they do not use the BST (Stans) bead hook. I have an Inferno 27 rim I just built up so I can tell you this first hand despite some mis-information floating around the forums about them.

This doesn't mean they wouldn't work tubeless, I was able to mount a Bontrager TLR tire fairly easy with my Inferno 27 taped. But I haven't rode on it yet so I don't know if there would be any burping issues.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Thanks. Hopefully they will work. No budget left to buy wheels.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Did the Inferno 27s work for your Stans project?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Airing the setup now with home brew sealant. Leaking abit around the bead right now. I didnt soap the bead like some have said, so I might have to redo it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Adding an update. Been tubless for a good month.

So far so good. Mounted a fastrak lk 2bliss on the rear and it aired up right away. Going to buy a good pressure gauge today to see how low im running but a guess is 25ish psi.

The rapid rob on the front is still a bit of a pain but for a steel bead tire on a rimm that doesnt give any confidence when airing up (no bead seating noise at all) is holding up really well. And at 30.00 its a great tire for the money. Feels great tubless.

Even did a xc race that came down legit DH trail and a local ski resort. No burps or anything

This is using the stans tape and valve that came with wheels and home brew sealant. .

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I'm resurrecting this thread to see if there has been any further or newer info on setting these rims up tubeless.
    I just bought a bike with the Inferno 25 wheels.

ANYONE?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I ran into a guy yesterday on a 2012 Cdale Scalpel with the infernos, and he said he has been tubeless with Racing Ralphs since he got it.

Sorry for bringing back a dead thread, but I just got a Scalpel 3 with the inferno/s and want to shed some weight.

mtbr member
    Still are not using a UST, Stans BST, or any kind of tubeless ready profile. Any tubeless setup is of the ghetto type. There is not a good bead seat on this rim so burping would be the biggest concern.

http://sun-ringle.com/wp-content/upl...files_rev_.pdf
    Former bicycle mechanic for 8 years, current soil scientist.

Blog

mtbr member
    I had the Inferno 25 on my Scalpel 4. Used a Stans Kit with the rim strips. Aired up tubeless with just a floor pump. Ran them for about a year without issue before I changed up to a Stans Flow EX.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Currently running Inferno 25 with ghetto setup with bontrager 29-1, holding great and mounted quick with no problems. Rememer to spray some water/soap or windex on tje bead so it seats well on the rim, almost instant.