mtbr member

Sunringle charger pro axle conversion 142x12 - help

I have a Sunringle charger pro wheel set & I'm trying to convert rear hub to 142x12. I have purchased end cap adapters but 142x12 dt Swiss axle won't fit through hub centre axle & it looks like its one single piece axle that I can remove ...for anyone who has converted how did you do this? All reviews I have read say its convertible with end cap adapters so not sure what I am missing. Do I need to buy a larger centre hub axle? Thanks in advance for your help as this is doing my head in
    Life's too short to be soft

mtbr member
    Information Below - The rear hub came as a 9mm x 135mm, but you can purchase an adapter kit for 12mm x 135mm or 12mm x 142mm, for $20 each. The non drive adapter slide off and on, while the drive side is threaded on. To install/remove the drive side adapter, mesh the adapter kit tool into the notch on the non drive side axle. Then use a 17mm cone wrench on the slot of the drive side adapter to tighten/loosen, while holding the opposing non drive side tool. It is a simple and innovative idea that allows their hub to be used in the vast majority of the rear axle system on the market today.

Grams Light Bikes - Mountain Bike and Gear Reviews, and News: Sun Ringlé Charger Pro Review

Sun Ringle Charger Pro MTB Wheelset Review | Singletracks Mountain Bike Blog
    Life's too short to be soft

mtbr member
    Are you satisfied that you have the answer? I fitted my wheel with a 135mm. X 12mm. and it took a few minutes to do. This is what the tool and axle looks like:

Sunringle charger pro axle conversion 142x12 - help-img_1495.jpg
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I have the Black Flag and want to convert from 9x135 to 12x142....if I understand this right, I need to purchase an axle as well as the end caps. Correct?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodstockMTB View Post
    I have the Black Flag and want to convert from 9x135 to 12x142....if I understand this right, I need to purchase an axle as well as the end caps. Correct?
    Which Black Flag model? If you have Pro SL or Pro then correct, you need the end caps and axle. If you have the Expert or Comp then they are QR only.

By the way QR dropouts are 10X135mm. Front QR axles are 9mm.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I have the black flag pro.

Any idea where to purchase the axle and end cap tool? I can find the end caps just fine, but can't find a tool or axle for the charger/black flag.

Thanks