mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Sun Ringle Charger Pro SL

Anyone have any info on when these will be available and where to purchase? The 29 version is on my short list for a new wheel set.

Thanks

mtbr member
    I'm subscribing because I have no idea what SUN Ringlé Charger Pro "SL" wheels are and have never heard of them. I have a set of 29" Charger Pro wheels and like them a lot.
    The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on trying to put things in it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I also have a set of the 29 Charger Pro and same opinion - like them a lot. The only "news" I have seen on the SL line is this link:

Sun Ringle Pro SL And 650b Wheels For 2013 - BikeRadar

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    The SL wheel sets are up on the Sun Ringle site. I emailed them and they indicated the first batch will be available end October.

Charger Pro SL | SUNRinglé

mtbr member
    singapore-saki,
    Thanks for the heads up. I hope the pricing is in line with the old black flag pros.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Black Flag and Charger Pro SLs will be available from Jan 1st. and should be around $900.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    $900 seems over the top compared to their standard Pro model pricing. At that price might as well build a high end wheelset or get a used carbon set?!?!