Viva la Vida!

Sun Ringle "Black Flag Pro VS Crankbrothers "Cobalt 2"

In your opinion what wheel set do you think is better and why?
    Let's say "Black Flag Pro" VS "Cobalt 2" 29
    We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    We grow old because we stop playing

Former Bike Wrench
    Sun-Ringle offers more spokes (28), standard nipples, more commonly found strait pull spokes, fully compatible front and rear hubs (100 x 9, 15, 110 x 20, 135 x 10, 135 x 12, 142 x 12).

Crank Bros don't need rim tape, have a 48pt freehub body (stainless steel, vs 24 pt alloy on Sun-Ringle), but only 15mm compatible front hub for conversion, proprietary spokes and nipples.

Viva la Vida!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72 View Post
    Sun-Ringle offers more spokes (28), standard nipples, more commonly found strait pull spokes, fully compatible front and rear hubs (100 x 9, 15, 110 x 20, 135 x 10, 135 x 12, 142 x 12).

Crank Bros don't need rim tape, have a 48pt freehub body (stainless steel, vs 24 pt alloy on Sun-Ringle), but only 15mm compatible front hub for conversion, proprietary spokes and nipples.
    So if you were offer to pick a set which one will you take?
    I like the look and engagement of the CB's better but I do like the compatibility of the Sun-Ringle hubs with 15mm and 20mm.

Can you really notice the 24 vs 48 engagement?
    As of right now I have STAN Flows with ZTR hubs (30pt)
    We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    We grow old because we stop playing

Former Bike Wrench
    Yes, you can notice 24 pt vs 48 pt...but despite that I would take the Sun-Ringle wheels. You wouldn't notice it on smooth trails and fire roads, but you would in technical riding with a lot of stop and starting.

That said, I know the Sun-Ringle product well and believe it to be solid, easy to work on, and fairly easy to find parts. And frankly, the CB wheels are fugly
    Last edited by mtnbiker72; 05-11-2012 at 10:54 AM.