Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Stan's NoTubes The Crow 29" x 2.0" Tire

4K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  EddieS 
#1 ·
Looking for feedbacks on a Stan's NoTubes The Crow 29" x 2.0" Tire

I have a trek xcaliber 4 2014, the tires are over 900 grams each.
the front is 2.2" and the back is 2.0" both are 29"

The Crow tires are 480grams each and tubeless ready.

Also can I use both tires is 2.0" x 29"?

What do you think?

Thanks

#3 ·
Very sketchy and scary tire, with zero grip. Unless you got mad handling skills - they are solely a weight weenie bragging rights tire, best served for photo ops only.

Try Schwalbe Furious Fred, Thunder Burt, Kenda Karma or Specialized Renegade instead....

#7 ·
Moslty paved trails some simple flat dirt t
rails without many roots or none at all.

Nothing where I am jumping over anything or into the woods.

Looking for something light and fast
Invest in Furious Freds. You will instantly drop two pounds. If you cant handle the price - go Clement LAS 700c x 33 cyclocross tires. They are under 300g each, for below $40/tire.

#9 ·
Like Schwalbe say's, the F/F is an out and out race tire. It will be more prone to puncture and sidewall rips. With that said, I have raced it on some very rocky courses, and have had no problems.......maybe just lucky.

With the type of riding that you have planned, you should be fine, and it is a very fast tire.

p.s. the sooner you go tubeless, the happier you and your tires will be,

#11 ·
"Moslty paved trails some simple flat dirt trails without many roots or none at all."

For this kind of riding....I would not spend the high price for Schwalbe tires.....they are going to wear way too quickly on paved trails.

#14 · (Edited)
Just saw these tires and they are great on the description, even for all around tires.

Looking in to getting a new set of
Maxxis Ikon K Folding Tire 3C/TR 29x2.2

Maxxis Ikon K Folding Tire 3C/TR 29x2.2 | XC MTB Racing | 29er

Anyone using these tires on their bikes?

They are about 590g, nice protection and tubeless ready.

I can not find more information on the internet about the "K" and the youtube video is from 2012. So these may be leftovers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.