mtbr member
    Jan 2007

SPINERGY Xyclone race wheelset

I need a new wheelset and was thinking about SPINERGY Xyclone race. Looks like a pretty decent, light weight wheelset, but only found 2 reviews for the v-brake version and 10 for the disc brake version. All reviews were positive. They use Advanced PBO fiber Black spokes. Not sure what this is.

Thanks,
    Bob

LA CHÈVRE
    If you are smooth, light and not too aggressive, they are okay but if not, they are flexy.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

banned
    I am a 285 lb clyde and had absolutely no issues on my Moto-lite with the Spinergy's. IMHO they are the best pre-built wheels made. I have had them over a year and have not even had to true them. To me they are stiff with no flexing problems. The hub is a work of CNC art and the rest of the wheel stands out like a neon sign (I have the yellow spokes) Don't be scared of them. They rock

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Thanks,
    I am 160 lb. I wouldn't say I am an aggressive rider. I don't get into the air much at all, but I do ride pretty hard on the roots/rocks. I think I will try these out.

banned
    Let us know how they hold up for you. I think that Spinergy is one of the more progressive wheel companies out their and if you do have problems, their customer service is second to none.

mtbr member
    I have had a set of their disk wheels for two years now. I use them for training and racing everything from 12-24 hour races, long point to point races and cross country races. The only thing I have had to do in two years is to replace the front wheel bearings ($6.00 off of ebay) I have heard they were flexy, but I've never noticed it. They also work really well with Stan's No Tubes. The rim strip fits them perfectly
    I have been very pleased by them

banned

My Moto-lite with Spinergy's

This is my Moto-lite in all of its blingitude. Spinergys absofrigginlutely rock. I love them. You will too! I have been riding my IndyFab 29er for a couple of months and had to take the trusty Titus out today. Man, that bike is a blast when set up properly. No problems and with the Spinergy's you can see and hear me coming. (The hubs are rather loud)