mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Spinergy Xyclone enduro ?

Anyone know how many engagement points for the rear hub ? Thanx

qui
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    24 points like all xyclones, just beefier rim and less spokes on enduros and supplied with 20mm conversion caps.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by qui
    24 points like all xyclones, just beefier rim and less spokes on enduros and supplied with 20mm conversion caps.
    Thanx. When I heard the rear was built by Hadley I assumed it was the whole nine yards - looks like that would be just the freehub ??? 24pt's is a deal breaker for me having 72pt Kings.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by keen
    Thanx. When I heard the rear was built by Hadley I assumed it was the whole nine yards - looks like that would be just the freehub ??? 24pt's is a deal breaker for me having 72pt Kings.

Why? I have Xyclone Disc on one bike and Kings on my 29er. Both are good wheels. The Xyclone is a very good set of bombproof wheels. Never had a problem. And I have had no problems with the Kings either.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by taterbug
    Why? I have Xyclone Disc on one bike and Kings on my 29er. Both are good wheels. The Xyclone is a very good set of bombproof wheels. Never had a problem. And I have had no problems with the Kings either.
    Not a durability issue - I am quite spoiled by the 72pt engagement vs. having only 24pt.