You down with entropy?

Spinergy Xyclone disk or enduro?

Sorry for all the spinergy questions....

I am looking for new wheels and have possibly settled on spinergys.

I am about 220-ish (working my way down) and have a Titus motolite.
    This season I seem to be interested in pain and have signed up for a 50 amd 100 mile race and really want to get lighter wheels (anything will be lighter than what I have... Cheap Shimano 525 hubs and Ryno lite rims). My riding will be mostly cross country with a bit of everything that michigan has thrown in (rocks roots logs.....)

Right now I am running panaracer rampages in 2.35 for just riding around, and have just gotten a set of Conti mountain kings for racing (well mountain king possibly for the front and Cross mark or speed king for the rear) still have to mount them up and try them in dry sandy conditions to see how they do.

So I have read that people have had just the Xyclone disks and have done fine, but I was wondering if anyone knows about the rim measurements and if the disk wheels will work ok for 2.3-2.4 tires and a bit of a larger rider?

any thoughts would be great

thanks

erik

mtbr member
    I'm here in Michigan too. I have a set of the Xyclone Disc's and they are great. The rims are kinda narrow IMO for a true 2.3 or 2.4. I have a set of 26 x 2.0 Karma's mounted with Stan's and they seem perfect. If you want to run that size tire I would look at the Enduo's. Spinergy has the Xyclone listed at 23mm and the Enduro's at 26mm. The weight will be slightly higer on the Enduro's. My Xyclone's cane in at 1690g. Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images