mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Spinergy Xyclone Disc V's DT Swiss 240 XC Disc???

What are peoples thoughts on this matchup?

Ride is a Giant XTC2 and riding is principally XC with some careful riding of some rideable downhill sections and a bit of urban abuse (no big jumps, carefuldown stairs - rarely done). I weigh in the order of 150lbs.

Looking for a fast, light reliable wheelset and these seem to match up to eachother in most respects. Budget around the US$500-600 (amazing exchange rate for us in Australia at the moment).

The build f the DT's is anticipated to use the 240s hubs, 4.2D rims, 2.0 - 1.8 - 2.0 spokes and prolock brass nipples.

banned
    I gave a set of DT's away after I got my Spinergy's. Great, durable wheel with a heckuva bling factor. I weigh 285lbs and have had no problems with mine of any kind. Check with CRAZY FRED in the Nicolai forum. He is sponsored by Spinergy and has the hook-up.

mtbr member
    I have both (Spinergy on a SS and the DT 240S/4.1D on an AM rig) and both have been relatively problem free apart from a true job once in a great-great while. I don't think you can go wrong with either. Spinergy had CS problems in the past but the new ownership seem to have fixed this. I called for a spoke wrench and it was sent out immediately at no charge.

Dishwasher Safe
    I rode a set of Spinergy's for a year without issue; a fine wheel. c_balls, check your messages.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Ive come across the American Classic MTB 350 Disc wheelset also, currently about AUD$660.

Are these better/worse than the Spinergy Xyclones?