mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Spin eon, there last disc brake wheel set?.

I managed to finaly track down a old, spin website. I remeber seeing these wheels on the website before spin closed down.
    Does anyone know if these wheels where released?
    If so, has anyone got or had a set? Anyone ridden them? What do they ride like and where they much lighter then there standard design? and did they flex more then the standard design.
    They claimed these wheels where lighter and stronger then there standard ones. etc.
    Regards Josh
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ozbmx; 03-27-2007 at 08:34 AM.

banned
    I remember they were never released. The company folded before they went out. They were actually supposed to be at a bike show at one time and it was then I found out there were dead.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Ahh ok. I think there might have only been one set ever released. What, makes me think this. is becuase they did have a competition on there website and i am sure it was drwan way before they closed up.
    Wonder if anyone on this site is friends with or knows the owner or someoen who helped with The eon wheels.
    I bought a BMX off a ex spin sales rep but from what he was saying he didnt get along well with the owner and didnt have his contact details. But he left spin before these wheels come about.

mtbr member
    ozbmx,,, are you the same Joshua who lives in Banora Point?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Hello. Sure am. lol what a small world. One thing i got to ask about youre spins you just sold to me. Are they the later ones which have removable hubs? Like on one side of the hubs it should have a large Aluminium Hexagonal bolt? Or are they the first generation where the hubs glued into the wheels?
    regards Josh

mtbr member
    They had big 32 mm hex shaped machined something on both sides of the hubs, leaving me with the impression that the hubs can be removed. However, I never took the leap of faith and experimented with disassembling them. But it sounds like you are on a quest and will be removing the hubs.... am I right?
    Also, can you send me the website you found for spin wheels? I have done a ton of searches and I could never locate an old sight... just general info about the wheels is all I ever can up with.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Ok great. Thats what i was hoping for. Just relised that after seeing a set on ebay which must be the first generation where the hubs a glued in. What i am doing is in the process of getting a set of dic brake spin wheels. Hope to remove the disc brake hubs and have them duplicated and put into youre wheels. I was told the hubs are completly interchangable. So then i plan on making and selling disc brake hubs so people can transform there spins into disc brake ones.
    The way i tracked down there old site was by going to www.archive.org. This allows you look up old pages and thats where i was able to get the spin wheels page. Type in www.spinwheels.com