mtbr member

Specialized Fast Trac S-Works 29

I've been running Specialized Captains for a few years now in both the 26" and 29" versions. A few years back I tried the fast trac s-works which lasted all but 30 days before the side wall tore out. I happen to be looking at a set for my Niner and noticed the newer design seems to have a much thicker side wall than the older version. dealer stated they had not had any issues with the new design. Is that the case or am I mistaken??

Save Jesus
    The s works still has a thin sidewall. Maybe you were looking at the control version?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    S-Works definitely has a thin sidewall.. I had (have?) issues with the sidewall leaking in a tubeless setup. I run Fast Traks front and back (I find them a good all-round tire): older 2.0 control version out back, and a new version 2.2 S-works up front

mtbr member
    Well I went ahead and purchased a set of the S-Works in a 2.2 and they definitely seem to have a thicker sidewall than the older version I have which is a 2.0 and a 26" tire. Might just be me??? I just wasn't sure if they made a change to the sidewall thickness in the re-design?