Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Zig
    Zig is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    38

    New question here. Specialized Enduro Pro D2

    Good for front and/or rear for Norcal riding? I was thinking 2.2 rear and 2.3 front. Average 20 techy miles with lots of climbing. Will these work?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    168

    ... and if we just ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Zig
    Good for front and/or rear for Norcal riding? I was thinking 2.2 rear and 2.3 front. Average 20 techy miles with lots of climbing. Will these work?
    I don't know about the "D2" part but the Enduro Pro 2.2 is the stock tire on my '04 S-Works Enduro. I like the tire, but the sidewalls may be a bit fragile - a rock put an 1.5 inch cut in my rear sidewall when I had about 100 miles on the bike.

    I'm still running the one on the front. The work well in the dry conditions I have here in the SoCal Desert...can say how'd they be in the mud.

  3. #3
    Baby Bear is in the house
    Reputation: r1Gel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,972

    different tires

    Zig's tire is totally different from yours. His is the 2005 version which has been beefed up. The 2004 version [Chutist's] has been discontinued.




    Quote Originally Posted by Chutist
    I don't know about the "D2" part but the Enduro Pro 2.2 is the stock tire on my '04 S-Works Enduro. I like the tire, but the sidewalls may be a bit fragile - a rock put an 1.5 inch cut in my rear sidewall when I had about 100 miles on the bike.

    I'm still running the one on the front. The work well in the dry conditions I have here in the SoCal Desert...can say how'd they be in the mud.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    168

    ... and if we just ...

    Quote Originally Posted by rigel
    Zig's tire is totally different from yours. His is the 2005 version which has been beefed up. The 2004 version [Chutist's] has been discontinued.
    Good to know. I liked the tire, just needed it to be tougher! I'll have to go look and see if they have a UST version.

  5. #5
    Baby Bear is in the house
    Reputation: r1Gel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,972

    Do you mean...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chutist
    Good to know. I liked the tire, just needed it to be tougher! I'll have to go look and see if they have a UST version.
    a tubeless version of the 2005 Enduro? It's right here

    http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqP...jsp?spid=11213
    Better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    168

    ... and if we just ...

    Quote Originally Posted by rigel
    a tubeless version of the 2005 Enduro? It's right here

    http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqP...jsp?spid=11213
    Cool! more tires I "need"...so many tires so little time!

  7. #7
    Baby Bear is in the house
    Reputation: r1Gel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Chutist
    Cool! more tires I "need"...so many tires so little time!
    You can say that again!
    Better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Similar Threads

  1. question
    By sky84 in forum Passion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 03:52 PM
  2. If you need to know this.
    By KevinVokeyJ24 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-24-2004, 08:40 AM
  3. BB Size for 2001 Specialized Enduro Pro
    By enduroprorider in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-28-2004, 09:17 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 12:56 PM
  5. Specialized Enduro Pro vs 5 spot, Ells, others
    By mtbrider in forum Bike and Frame discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-12-2004, 01:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •